Monday, October 10, 2011

To Do...Painted Rug?

Rugs are one item I've always struggled with a bit. I can never find a rug I love for a price I can come to terms with. I refuse to spend $200+ for a rug. I'm going to walk on it, my dog's hair is going to get on it, I'm going to spill things on it, etc. Not only that, I change my mind about these types of things more than I would like to admit. I would hate to buy a rug for several hundred dollars just to dislike it in a year. 

So...I've decided I want to paint one. 

I can't do it just yet. We have WAY too many projects going on right now. We're re-doing floors, we have paint for 4 rooms that still need painting, we have several pieces of unfinished furniture that need to be painted, we have old furniture that needs to be re-painted. On top of that we have a few minor repairs that we need to make and we still have hardly anything on the walls. I already have supplies for about 3 other projects I haven't even started. These are much smaller projects than painting a rug of course, but projects nonetheless. 

I also need to decide on the pattern I want. 


I love Chevron...but Josh doesn't like it, so maybe I'll paint one of those for my craft room that I don't use. 

I also like Moroccan prints...

Like this one.

And this one.

Maybe I'll keep it simple and go with stripes. Who knows?

My living room floor has been bare for months now. I'm ready to have some color on it. If I find a great deal on a rug I love, I'll go ahead and buy it. At this rate, I don't think I'll get around to painting one for the next year...and that's way too long. I'll definitely be painting one for another room in the house though!

No comments:

Post a Comment