Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Family Pictures!

I've been wanting to get family pictures taken for a while now. A while back, there was a Living Social deal for 5 photo sheets and a low resolution CD at Picture People for $25. I couldn't resist that! Well, we finally got them taken. The location is at the mall near the town we used to live in. I was a bit nervous about taking Bailey into the mall, but we knew we wanted her in the pictures with us...so we took a chance. She was SO well behaved. I thought she might bark at some of the things that may be strange to her, like the carousel...but she didn't! There was a service dog in training that barked at something and she didn't even bark back then. 

She was very excited the whole time. She loves to people watch so she didn't even mind sitting still to wait our turn. She was a little nervous once we got into the room we took our pictures in. The floors were different than what she's used to so she slipped a little and her nails made a funny noise. She didn't like that AT ALL. The backgrounds are mechanical so they make noise when they are changed. She got really scared of those and she sprinkled on my leg a little bit when we were trying to pose. Once she finally warmed up to the place and quit sprinkling she was great. I'm a horrible mommy and I forgot to bring treats AND toys. I felt bad because she was being so good. She even sat still while Josh and I took a some pictures by ourselves. I could tell she wanted to come sit beside us SO bad, but she was a very patient little pup :-) Everyone there was so nice and of course Bailey loved everyone.

We had to get the same pose for all of the sheets. The ones we took with Bailey were good, but my favorites were with just Josh and I. I just liked the background better. We wanted pictures of all 3 of us to put in the house, so we chose one with Bailey in it too. We were really close to paying extra to get some of just Josh and I, but he didn't love any of them. We were also interested in upgrading to a high resolution CD so we could get all the prints we wanted, but it was $150...and again, we didn't LOVE any of the pictures. Overall ti was a great experience. I'm really glad we did this. I wish we would had them done when Bailey was a little younger, but at least we got them done before she turned 1. Time flies by so quickly and I want to make sure we document our lives before we have kids, so we can all look back together. I always enjoyed seeing pictures of my family before I came along, so it will be fun to be able to show our kids how we all looked as a family in the early years of our marriage :-)

Here are a few of my favorites.






This is the one we picked for our prints, but now I like the first one better. I still like this one though :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment