Tuesday, May 17, 2011

We Close in 3 Days!

These past few months of house hunting have flown by! We'll begin moving in to our new house this Friday. We are waiting on the results of the final inspection (which is scheduled for today). After that, we're all set & we just have to wait. Hopefully everything is good. If not, I'll probably panic a little, so keep your fingers crossed for us.


We already have tons of plans to make our house a home. I'll be sure to take tons of before & after pictures along the way. Here is a brief tour of the house as it is now.

 This is part of our front yard. I'm not sure how much you can tell in this picture but there is no grass. The green is all weeds. We'll be tilling up the front yard and laying sod so we can actually have some grass this summer. There's a small flower bed around the tree. It's mostly weeds too. I haven't decided exactly what I'll plant there, but I have it narrowed down to either planting Hostas (like the ones in our back yard, a few pics down), Gerbera Daisies or Dahlias.

The front of the house. We were originally planning on changing the color of the trim. It's a process I don't really want to go through with the HOA right now. We'll revisit the idea when it needs to be touched up. I don't mind the green though. 

When you walk in, the half bath is on your right...this is the only picture I have of it right now. I love this mirror and the sink, we'll probably just paint in here for now. We'll eventually change the floors though. The next door on the right is the coat closet, the garage door is on the left (I don't have pictures of all of this right now). 

If you keep moving forward, you go into the den...this will eventually be the man cave/game room. This is a pretty large room.  

Josh has also decided he would like his office to be down here. It will probably be in the corner near the glass sliding door.

 A bunny outside!

 This is what our patio currently looks like. The previous owners covered up pretty much the entire back yard with this stuff. We'll keep some of it for this summer (we'll get rid of the weeds & pressure wash the concrete pavers), but we plan on replacing it with something a little more attractive eventually. We'll also be removing about half of them so we can have some grass. 

This is the back view of the house. We'll remove all the dead shrubs. We will eventually build a deck from the second floor (off the kitchen) and fence in the back yard.

If you go up the first set of stairs, you go the kitchen & living room on the 2nd floor. I've already posted pics of the kitchen so I left those out this time. The laundry closet is also on this floor.

The living room/dining area from the kitchen. 

 The living room

 From the living room. We haven't decided if this area will be used for dining, or if we will extend the living room.

One of the many ugly fans in the house. This will be leaving this weekend! 

Next, is the 3rd floor, which has 3 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms. I just realized I don't have any pictures of the master bedroom. 

 Looking out the master bathroom window.

 These cabinets will eventually be stained darker and we will likely change the fixtures. We'll also put tile down at some point. 

 Notice the lack of shower head. This won't last long. 

We'll be replacing this ugly row of lights with something a little more appealing. I just have to decide what I want for sure. We'll also be taking the huge mirror down and replacing it with two smaller, more attractive mirrors. 

This hideous seat cover (if not the whole toilet) will be leaving soon.

 This is in the hallway area of the 3rd floor. This ugly light will also be leaving this weekend. I'm not sure what to do with that space above the linen closet. I'll eventually find something decorative to put up there. 

 This will be my craft room until we have a human baby.

 Guest bedroom (I love that it has a bay window).

 Guest bedroom again.

 I think we will eventually stain all of the railing a darker color too.


This is the ugly guest bathroom as it is now. It needs a little TLC. Don't worry...this is at the top of our to do list :-)


3 comments:

  1. Few things:
    1) I love that you call it your human baby :D
    2) I LOVE your house!!! I cant wait to come visit! John and I have already started making tenative plans :D
    3) You have SO MUCH space! I am super jealous you have a craft room!
    4) That toilet seat is awful! What were the previous owners thinking?! lol

    I really cant wait to see what you guys do with that place! I have always been envious of how creative you are!! :D Let me know if there is anything we can do to help! I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with Anna... that toilet seat is TERRIBLE!!! haha. I love, love, love this house, and absolutely adore all the home improvement plans you have! I can't wait to have a house and do all those things that transform your house into a home and create pride in the space. Miss you and cannot wait to visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant wait to see pictures once you get all settled and decorated !!1

    ReplyDelete