Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day (a little late) to all the Moms! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to spend this Mother's Day with my mom. We'll be going home next weekend though, so we'll celebrate then. 

 This past Friday was an off Friday for Josh. I'm used to seeing him playing Halo or something when I come in from work so that's what I expected this past Friday. I was in for a surprise! I came in to a clean apartment and some of my favorite flowers!


It was really sweet and I was so excited. He had planned on having dinner ready for me too, but I messed up those plans. I made arrangements to go pick up a weed eater I found on Craigslist right after work. He had the chicken marinating and ready to cook when we got back though. He made chicken in a balsamic marinade, green beans and baked potatoes. It was delicious and I didn't have to lift a finger :-) Such a sweet hubby. He has set the bar pretty high for when we have human babies ;-)

On Mother's Day, we decided to take Bailey to a new park for a picnic. We had plans to do this last weekend, but it rained. We were feeling lazy so we picked up some Subway for us to eat. After eating lunch we decided to take a walk around the lake. It was a beautiful day for a nice long walk. I'm glad it was such a nice day, we had probably a 3 mile walk total! 
 Near the beginning of our walk, the first time she was near the water. She had no interest at all in the ducks, there were way too many sticks around and apparently they're much more exciting. 

 Adorable

 She found a stick that was covered in grass, I don't think anything could have made her happier.

 A groundhog!

 No idea what kind of bird this is, but he's pretty.

I love this pic, even though you can barely see Bailey.

On the way home, she was so tired. This is only about 3 minutes into the ride.

It was a really great, but tiring day. It probably took us 1.5-2 hours to get around the lake. Puppies attract kids so we made tons of stops. We also stopped to train her for a little bit since there were so many distractions. She actually did really well! She did fine with most of the dogs too. We met so many different dogs, which was really good for her! There were 2 yappy little curly things that were a little mean to her but other than that we had a great experience. We saw dogs of all sizes. I think our favorite was a lab. He was only a year old so he's still got a lot of puppy in him. We saw him near the end of the day so she was a little more open to him. We let them sniff & play a little bit. They were adorable. I wish I could have taken pictures with some of the dogs/people we met but I would have felt awkward asking all those strangers to take pictures with their dogs & babies. Haha. 

No comments:

Post a Comment