Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Furniture!

Josh and I currently live in a 1 bedroom apartment. We're about to move into a 3 bedroom townhome about 3 times larger than our apartment. We're clearly going to have a good amount of space to fill! I've been looking around at all types furniture and other things we'll need. We've decided that we'll keep our current furniture and just supplement as we go. Eventually our living room furniture will move to the bottom level of the house in our den and we'll get new living room furniture. This will be the case for a lot of our current furniture (definitely the glass dining table)! 

So, why the random furniture post? I found this website a while back. Ana has TONS of plans on here for just about any type of furniture you can think of. I'm really considering tackling some of her projects. There is a sense of fulfillment I get when I make something. Even better, it will be cheaper than buying similar furniture! I'm still not quite sure how many, if any, of these projects I will take on though. Although I would absolutely love to finish furnishing our house with these projects, I don't have much free time, so it would take FOREVER to finish everything I want to do. We also don't have all the tools required and there are other things we want to buy before getting tools that we'll only use occasionally. 

Anyway...enough of rambling. Here are a few of my favorite projects:
Storage Bed (for the guest room)
Murphy Bed or Day Bed (for the office or basement...just for a little extra sleeping room since we have so much out of town family)

So...if you're handy or crafty...or even if you're not but you want to try to be, this is a great website to check out :-)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this site! I've been looking at it for the past hour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto! Awesome website! My list keeps getting bigger with all the projects I want to do!

    ReplyDelete