Saturday, December 18, 2010

YAY for Weekends!!!

Last week was a great week! I completed my first week at work :-) I got a few assignments so I definitely have some work to keep me busy. It was just a four day work week for me since I took Friday off for Josh's oral surgery. I definitely have to start keeping an eye on the weather. We got about 2 inches of snow Thursday & I didn't even know there was a chance. It had been looking like it might snow for a day or so but I didn't know when it was coming. I thought it was supposed to be over the weekend. My boss is wonderful & she let me leave work early Thursday. It did take a little longer than usual to get home but it was mostly because I had errands to run. The main roads were pretty much fine. We still went the speed limit for the most part. The parking lots & side roads are another story. I may have fishtailed a couple times. haha.

Yesterday morning Josh got his oral surgery. I'm not going to post any embarrassing pictures of him but he has chipmunk cheeks. He's doing MUCH better than I did so that's good. He was absolutely hilarious when he woke up. He had me and the nurses cracking up. He didn't eat anything but a frosty & a can of soup yesterday. He's eating much better today so far. He's well enough to play Halo so he's not too bad. haha. He does have a bit of trouble talking & swallowing, especially if it's been a while since he's had his pain meds. I feel bad for him but he seems to be recovering well :-) He took Monday off so he'll have a full 4 days to recover before he goes back to work for a 3 1/2 day week. He's decided to work half a day on Christmas eve. This week will make 6 months since he's been at his job. Time is just flying by! He'll have his reviews & we're hoping for a raise :-) We have lots to save for...vacation to Orlando/Miami in February, a red Wii & a house at some point!

We've recently decided that we'll be looking for another apartment when our lease ends here. We really like it here but we're more familiar with the area than when we came to look in May. We know we can find a cheaper place. Our complex will be building a new pool house & club house starting early 2011 so I'm pretty sure the rent increase will be more than we're willing to pay here anyway. Moving is such a pain so I wasn't crazy about the idea at first...I'm starting to get excited about it now though!


No comments:

Post a Comment