Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Job Hilights

This week has been great so far! Yesterday was the first day of my new job. It was a very cold day but I was SO excited that it was snowing when we left for work. It was actually snowing pretty hard but it wasn't quite cold enough for it to stick. I definitely feel like I'm in the Christmas spirit more than I have been the past few years this time. Maybe it's because we've already had some snow (we had some flurries last Friday too but that didn't stick either). Maybe it's because I'm not distracted by exams, getting engaged & planning the wedding. haha. Anyway...back to work. Yesterday was pretty eventful for my first day of work. I learned how to do some tests on our products. I'll mostly be working in the R&D (research & development for non foodies :-) ) but I'll be doing some quality control work too. I got my computer & all that good stuff. This is the first time I haven't had to share my computer & desk with co-workers so that's kind of nice.

Today was even better. I started on my first project! I messed it up the first time so I had to re-do it. I had to measure out a TON of ingredients but at least I know what I did wrong :-) The test kitchen/lab that I work in is pretty much my office. That's where my desk is. It's nice because I can see outside. Anyway, I get to organize things the way I want it. Today I raided the fridge & organized it the way I wanted. That will make it a LOT easier to learn my way around. I really didn't know a fridge could hold so much stuff!

One negative thing about my new job is that I have to go through a toll both ways. Luckily, I can get a Baltimore area discount package that will save us $3.20 a day...that adds up fast! I also have to drive through a tunnel both ways. I've always enjoyed riding through them but the first time I ever drove through one was on my way to the interview for this job. It's a nice change of scenery & it doesn't bother me at all.

This week is already half way over for me! I had to take Friday off because Josh is getting his oral surgery. He's getting his wisdom teeth extracted :-/ I hope it's easier for him than it is for me. Because of that he has a 4 day weekend & next week is only a 3 day week for him! Crazy. I can't believe Christmas is so close!

No comments:

Post a Comment