Monday, December 6, 2010

Slow Cooker Beer Turkey Chili

My favorite kitchen appliance is arguably my crock pot. I use it at least once a week. I love having chili when it gets cold. I usually find some random recipe online & try it out. Last weekend I decided to make up my own recipe :-) I had some leftover turkey from Thanksgiving so I made turkey chili. It turned out really good but I would still change a few things.

Ingredients:
1 can dark kidney beans
1 can light kidney beans
1 can black beans
3 cans diced tomatoes
1 cup frozen corn
1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
3 cups turkey, chopped
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
3 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
pinch of cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
pinch of celery salt
1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 beer (I used light beer but you could use a heavier one for a stronger flavor)

cook on low for about 6 hours, serve with grilled cheese. SO YUM!

I would probably decrease the chili powder & cumin slightly, maybe 2 1/2 tablespoons of chili instead of 3 & 1/2 teaspoon of cumin. I would also add about 1/2 cup-1 cup of chopped onions. I think it was pretty good at my first attempt!


No comments:

Post a Comment