Wednesday, December 8, 2010

O Christmas Tree!

I'll admit, we've had our Christmas tree up for a while now. We put the tree up & put the lights on it before we went to NC for Thanksgiving. When I was growing up, we used to go pick out our Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. Josh's mom gave us this tree a few years ago. It's a really pretty tree but it's a HUGE pain to put up. This is why we decided to get it up before we went home. This way when we got back home, we just had the fun part left to do :-) I love real trees & I definitely prefer them, but we save at least $30 each time we use this one. I got a scentportable from Bath & Body Works that smells like christmas trees (Fresh Balsam) that I put in the tree. It helps :-) We'll probably continue to use it until we buy a house. I think if/whenever we leave MD, the tree stays. The box is HUGE & I don't want to deal with moving it again.

The tree looks a little more plain in pictures than it does in person. I have "icicles" all over it that don't really show up in this picture. They're left over from the crystal tree we used at our reception :-) I like that they remind me of our wedding day. I bought some plain ornaments that I plan to decorate at some point. I might add them this year. If so I'll put up a new picture when they're on. I did make one ornament on this tree. It's just a clear circle with a block S, the year, our name & the football record since it's the best we've had since either of us went to State. I intend on making one every year. Eventually we'll be able to have an all NC State Christmas tree :-) Please ignore the wrapping paper in the back corner. I thought I would hide it behind the tree until everything is wrapped versus sticking it back in back of the closet just to have to dig it out again.

I've done a little decorating in other areas of our apartment, but not as much as I would like. This is our dining room. This is the picture I posted about a while back. Only $15 from Goodwill...SCORE! A real Wolfpack...it looks perfect on our red wall. I'm not sure if you can tell but the cylinder on the table is filled with silver & black Christmas ornaments. I usually just have a fruit bowl there & candles aren't there. I thought I should switch it up & do something a little more festive for Christmas.

Here is a close up of the table. It didn't turn out exactly how I imagined, but I still think it's cute :-) BTW...I'll never own another glass table. I love the way they look but they're a pain to keep clean...especially when a child visits.
This next picture doesn't have a lot to do with Christmas, except it was our Christmas present. haha. We were supposed to buy it & keep it under the tree until Christmas. That changed the day we got it. We got it the Sunday after Thanksgiving & Josh said he wanted to watch the Ravens game on it. I caved & agreed. I'm glad I did though :-)

It's a 42" LED. We ALMOST got the 47" & I'm really glad we didn't now. First of all, this one barely fit in the car, there's no way the 47" would have fit. Next, it would have been bigger than our State picture & I know my OCD would have driven me insane with that issue. Speaking of that picture, it's a picture of my first ever NC State game (that we lost...but we don't talk about that).

No comments:

Post a Comment