Sunday, June 26, 2016

Baby K - 33 Weeks!




Baby K is getting SO big...the size of a ferret this week. We're looking at somewhere between 17-19 inches long and around 4.5 - 5 lbs! There's a lot of variation, so it's hard to estimate at this point. Baby's bones are hardening and the brain is continuing to develop and get ready for delivery day! I can definitely tell our squishy is getting a little cramped. I felt it behind my ribs yesterday and that was a little weird. It was kind of cool at the same time tough. I told Josh the baby was running out of womb. Haha. We actually felt hiccups for the first time this week. It felt a little different than I expected. 

As for me, I'm doing pretty good. Swelling is becoming more common, but it's not always bad. If I'm on my feet or sitting for too long, I'll start to swell, so I have to try to find a good balance. I'm still experiencing some carpal tunnel - it's actually gotten quite a bit worse. Luckily, it's mostly just my right hand. It's constantly numb and my range of motion is getting worse. Writing and doing little detailed types of tasks is quite a challenge. It does hurt sometimes, but most of the time it's just numb. Luckily, it should go away very quickly after the little one comes! Sleep is still just meh. I'm waking up several times a night for potty breaks. Chiropractor visits have been going well. It has helped my back SO much. We're in maintenance mode now and I don't have another appointment until July 6 unless I start to experience pain again. 

We took maternity pictures last Sunday and we had a lot of fun! I can't wait to share some once we get them back! We had our second of four birthing classes this past Tuesday. Yesterday, we had our breastfeeding and newborn care classes. We've really enjoyed all of the classes so far! We got to take part of the breastfeeding class and the birthing class in two of the birthing suites we could possibly deliver in, so it was nice to get more familiar with them.

We've been pretty productive this week! We got the rest of the carpet upstairs shampooed. Now, we just need to clean the stairs. I've been working on getting baby clothes washed and organized. We've been working on recliner shopping for the nursery, but we haven't found the right one yet. Fingers crossed that happens soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment