Monday, June 6, 2016

Baby K - 30 Weeks!!!

May 30, 2016


Little (or not so little) squishy is the size of a platypus this week! Baby is about 3.5 pounds and is almost 17 inches long! As far as development, baby's eyes are in their permanent place, but they still have a long way to go before the baby has decent vision. Baby's vision will be developing a lot over the next few weeks! The lanugo (the baby fur) is likely starting to fall out as the baby packs on more weight.

For me, sleep is not coming any easier these days. I do seem to sleep better on the weekends for some reason. I'm waking up to pee a lot more often and I'm getting more uncomfortable in general. Swelling is picking up a little, which I expected with this lovely NC heat & humidity, so I have retired my rings. :-/ I have some pregnancy induced carpal tunnel that has picked up this past week. I've noticed it before, but it was very mild. This week, I've noticed it several nights. It hasn't progressed to pain, just numbness, so that's good. I've also made arrangements to start seeing a chiropractor. Early on in pregnancy, we talked about me seeing one toward the end to get some adjustments to help prepare my pelvis for birthing. I've been putting off making an appointment, but the discomfort I've had this week has motivated me a bit more. In addition to the increased discomfort in my lower back, I've started having issues with my right side/back. I've been to see my midwife and we have ruled out a UTI. It's definitely more than discomfort. It's pretty bad pain. I've made it through my first 2 trimesters without taking any Tylenol at all. Not for headaches or general body aches. I caved and took it several times for the pain I've started to have.

I obviously expected some pain and discomfort with me putting on so much weight and carrying it all right in front of me. I knew it would strain my back. I just thought it would gradually increase. It didn't. I literally woke up one morning with this pain in my side. This has by far been the most difficult week I've had so far, so I'm really hoping I can get some relief once I start going to the chiropractor and get a prenatal massage.

Highs: Baby is responding to daddy's voice more and more. I can feel movements getting stronger and daddy is starting to see belly move too, so this provides us with some amusement. We celebrated our 6th anniversary this weekend with some cake from our wedding baker. Baby K seemed to like the cake!

Lows: The pain. All of the pain. And the heat. And the swelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment