Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Diaper Bag!

Y'all, it might be kind of silly, but I'm super excited about my diaper bag! I haven't had a chance to put it into practice yet, but I did SO much research and looking around online before deciding on this one. I mean, it's basically going to be my purse for the next several years, so I had to find one I knew I would love! I found this one on Amazon a while back and I loved all the pockets and such that it had (I mean, just watch the video)! I did NOT love the colors and patterns. I was on the hunt for a super cute bag that was just as practical. 

We're going to cloth diaper, so a small diaper bag just won't do. I needed something that I could pack enough cloth diapers for 2 kids in and still have room for an overnight trip. I needed something that was cute enough to replace my purse. Obviously since I didn't want to carry a purse and a diaper bag, I needed something with my own compartment. I didn't want anything with animals or whatnot on it. It needed to be easy to clean.

I found one. It was more than double the price though. The Ju-Ju-Be Be Preapared in Duchess. I justified it by thinking it would literally serve 2 purposes for the next...I don't even know...4 years? So of course, I needed to love it. I loved this one. But the price tag hurt. I mean, at the end of the day, I'm going to be putting clothes with spit up and wet bags full of dirty diapers in this thing. Did I really want to spend that much on it? And it didn't even come with stroller straps, so you're talking another $20. No, I didn't want to spend that much on it (and I didn't want Josh to either), but I put it on the registry anyway, you know, in case I didn't find anything else I liked or if it went on sale for like 75% off or something.

Well, fast forward to when we were working on our registry at Babies R Us and I saw the Skip Hop Grand Central in a print I hadn't seen before! And I loved it! (Extra plus, Josh didn't hate it). They had a print called French Stripe that I liked SO much more than the other prints! No black on brown! AND it's Gray! It comes with the stroller straps, so it's ready to go and a much better deal than the Ju-Ju-Be. I added this one to our registry too! 

Now I was stuck between the 2. The one thing I really liked better about the JuJuBe was the way it opened. Most other differences weighed each other out to me. But was that worth over $100? No, probably not. I watched so many YouTube videos of people comparing these 2 bags and that didn't make the decision any easier. So on the registry they both stayed. I talked to Josh about the pros and cons of each bag, but so typical of me, I basically refused to make a decision.


As I mentioned in my 27 week update - Josh bought this for me for Mother's Day! He made the decision for me and I'm thankful for that. He read a bunch of reviews and while there are some that mention some of the threads not holding up (I had read the same ones), Skip Hop's customer service is supposed to be great and it should be no problem getting it replaced if that does happen. This one is also lighter weight than the JuJuBe and is supposed to fit on and under the stroller quite a bit better, so those are pluses as well! I don't have the JuJu Be one to compare it to, but this one fits on and our stroller great,without being too bulky.  Of course, the price definitely won on this one. Thanks babe for buying my purse for the next few years!!! I can't wait to stuff it full of all the baby things!

No comments:

Post a Comment