Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Crazy Pregnancy Dreams

Everyone has heard about crazy pregnancy dreams. How vivid they are and how little sense they make. For whatever reason, I haven't included any of these in my weekly posts, so I figured I would do a separate post about them. 

I've had a few, but there are 3 that stand out that I don't think I'll ever forget. 

The first one was the pedicure dream. I was with some friends (no clue who) and we were going to get pedicures. I was not super obviously pregnant in the dream, but you could tell if you paid attention. I picked out a color and the salon employee looked and me with the most cheerful face and said - "That's a great color to wear for your miscarriage!" Ummm...WHAT?!? In real life, I probably would have just walked out of the place. In the dream, I didn't know what to say and I just went along with it.

The next dream is a little better - the cruise dream. I had this one shortly after we decided to go on a cruise. In the dream, I was right before the cutoff date of when I could cruise (24 weeks), so I would say around 22-23 weeks pregnant, and I delivered the baby! The baby was fine, but tiny. We were able to go home the next day (yea, right), so we decided to go ahead and go on our cruise with the baby. Obviously, there were lots of baby items that we didn't own yet, so we had to improvise and make our own. We didn't have any clothes that would fit, so I basically just swaddled the baby in tiny cloth pieces. We got our stuff together the best we could and headed off for our cruise. With all that was going on, what stuck out in my mind most was that I forgot my nursing cover at home, so I had to figure out a way to nurse the baby so it could eat and get stronger and bigger. Weird. 

The happiest, but possibly weirdest dream was the baby face dream - Josh and I were laying in bed, just watching my belly move and such. At some point, this knot just formed in the side of my belly. We decided the knot had to be the head. So cool, right!?! Well, the head started to move upward and outward and we could start to make out the facial features! For whatever reason, we were not weirded out by this at all, we were just so excited. This continued on until the baby was all but out of me. It was kind of attached to my torso like a little infant Siamese twin. We just kept laying in bed, talking to the baby and snuggling with it like this was completely normal. 

It's so weird how these dreams happen. I saw the baby clearly in both of these dreams, but I don't remember how it looked at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment