Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Baby K - 27 Weeks!

May 9, 2016


We're 27 weeks pregnant, Our little one is the size of a Fennec Fox (minus the tail) - about 15 inches and over 2 lbs! Baby K's lungs have developed so much over the past 2 weeks and we've hit our second viability milestone! My app says baby can smell and I believe it! This little one definitely knows when I'm about to eat! Maybe there are other hints that baby gets that I don't realize, but it knows! I notice LOTS of movement right when I'm about to eat, especially when I feel really hungry. As far as baby's development is going, most organ systems are fully developed! There's a lot going on with baby's brain development these days, though! 

I'm much better emotionally than I was last week, even though a big part of me is sad that our 2nd trimester is coming to a close. I've been feeling this way for a couple weeks and it kind of surprised me. I'm excited to meet the baby at the end of our 3rd trimester for sure, but I'm sad that this part of pregnancy is ending, because overall, it's been great! Physically, I've been pretty good. It is getting harder to stay on my feet for longer periods of time though. Last Friday, I felt really nauseous out of nowhere for a couple hours. We had been at my favorite park in Greenville, SC and I started to feel sick as we were just hanging out on our blanket. I was hydrated, I wasn't very hungry and I wasn't too hot, so I'm not sure what came over me. I thought I was going to get sick on the way back to the car, but I hung in there. I had some salted almonds and drank a bunch of water. It didn't seem to help immediately, but eventually it went away. 

We traveled this past weekend and it was tough on me. We made sure we stopped about every 2 hours for a bathroom break and a stretch. On the way down, it wasn't so bad, but on the way back, I got really swollen, got a headache and felt a little nauseous. I had been on my feet all day the day before and I may have overdone it a little. I was really tired, so I'm sure those things didn't help. We have a trip just as long coming up next week, so I'm definitely not looking forward to the traveling part of it. I will try to be mindful and rest more on this trip. Josh decided we should drive the Explorer on any upcoming trips since it's more comfortable; hopefully that will help.

This past Sunday was Mother's Day. We were on the road for the majority of the day, and I already said that was tough. We had to go to the grocery store and I felt awful while we were there, so we made it quick. Things were pretty awesome once we got home though! We went to pick up Bailey and Carter. She was so excited to see us! That perked me up a little of course. We dropped Carter off at home and came home. I kind of ruined the surprise for my Mother's Day gift. I was looking on our Babies R Us registry because I was going to purchase something from it and I saw that my diaper bag had been purchased. I tried to un-see it, but that never works. Friday morning, I was cleaning out the car while Josh was working and I went to put some things in the trunk. There was my diaper bag! I shut the trunk and pretended I didn't see anything. Josh realized what had happened once he went to put the suitcase in. He had forgotten the bag was in there. He felt bad, so I told him I had already ruined the surprise for myself anyway. So, yea, I already had my diaper bag. Once we got home Sunday, Josh sent me upstairs to relax and take a bubble bath (which was MUCH needed and appreciated) while he cooked dinner for me. I know after driving all day, there's nothing he wanted more than to pick up a pizza and eat on the couch while watching TV, but he made dinner, set the table and cleaned the kitchen. So sweet!

Josh has been able to feel baby a lot more this week and that has him even more excited for the baby's arrival! We're starting to learn baby's routine, which is pretty much dance like crazy any time there is food (especially ice cream) or sleep. lol. Bed time is probably the easiest time for Josh to feel baby since I'm still and baby is very active.

No comments:

Post a Comment