Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Baby K - 26 Weeks!

May 2, 2016


Ummm, we're 26 weeks pregnant. That means in approximately 14 weeks, we'll actually be parents to a 2 legged child! That is so hard for me to wrap my mind around! 14 weeks will be here in no time!

Anyway, Baby K is the size of a slow loris - or a butternut squash since no one really knows how big a loris is! It's about 14 inches long and weighs around 2 lbs! We happen to have a butternut squash in our pantry, so I showed Josh how big it was and I put it up to my belly. It's hard to imagine something that size could possibly be inside me! Baby is still putting on some baby fat. Baby's eyes are opening and closing again and it should be able to detect light through my belly! Movements are getting more and more noticeable, so that's fun!

For me, this week was pretty easy physically, but the most difficult emotionally so far. I think it's a combination of things. Hormones, of course. The realization that my second trimester is ending soon. Me being able to experience things with the baby that Josh can't - for whatever reason, that made me feel really lonely this week. I had a pretty rough Sunday night/Monday morning leading into my 26th week. Josh was super sweet and he worked from home on Monday so I wouldn't be alone. I told him to go to work, we both had to get work done whether we were at home or in the office. I didn't want to be a needy wife. He left and came back like 5 minutes later, saying traffic was "too bad". So sweet. He took me to lunch at a little diner we've been wanting to visit and we had the best time. The people there were so sweet. I went to the bathroom before we left and the owner turned around and said "Whoa! Your bump is so cute! I saw you sitting over there and I didn't even realize you were pregnant!" Then she asked me about my due date and told me how much fun I was going to have being pregnant during the hottest time of the year. Wished us luck and congratulated us, etc. It made me smile, so I told Josh we could definitely go back there. lol. We finished work when we came home and just had a low key night. I was super tired since I didn't sleep well Sunday night, so we were in bed by 8:30. I had read this article when I was 25 weeks and I told Josh about it. He decided to give it a shot and he put his ear up to my belly when I told him baby was kicking. Our little munchkin kicked Daddy right in the face! Josh said he heard a little thump sort of sound when it happened, so that was really cool! He heard some swooshing around as well, but who knows if that was baby moving or just digestive juices. Either way, it's pretty cool and it made me feel much better!

I may have experienced some Braxton Hicks contractions, but I'm not positive that's what it was. They were kind of like tightened cramps. I'll see as I get closer and have them more often if that's what it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment