Sunday, December 4, 2011

I haven't been so great about keeping up with this blog lately. We've got most of our Christmas decorating finished, and I still haven't posted pictures of our fall decorations! By the time we got around to decorating our living room, fall was already here! It worked out pretty well because the color I chose looks pretty fallish on its own. We didn't have to get much. Now that I think of it, we only really decorated the living room other than some pumpkins that we put outside (that I never got any pictures of).

 We have been looking for a picture to hang on this wall since we moved in. I've looked everywhere without much luck. I guess it didn't help that I had no idea what I wanted to put here. I was just waiting for something to jump out at me. I finally found this one at Target of all places. I also love the pillows!
In this area, I wanted a leaning shelf and Josh wanted something to hang on the wall. This is our compromise and I love it! I can't say I loved hanging it, but it was worth it. 

This is a picture from the dining room. Not much going on in the bay window here. The Christmas tree is there now. After Christmas, we have a bench that we'll be putting here. We just have to get it painted first :-)

 I thought I took a closeup of these, but apparently this is all I have for now. The area over the TV was looking a bit naked to me. I was originally going to put the floating shelves over the TV and these were going to go on the wall the shelves are on. Josh suggested that I switch it around. I'm SO glad I did. I love these, and it was less that $20 for me to make them! I just got the frames from Michael's, and some fabric from Joann. You can't tell here, but they're dragonflies and bees. The colors are perfect with our pillows, and the dragonflies and bees kind of add to the nature-y feel we have going on.

 I got this leaf plate from Marshalls. The pumpkins came in a bag of potpourri. I loved them because they feel fallish, but not at all like halloween!

I love this thing! For Christmas, I'll replace the candles and fill it with something different. I'm not sure what yet. I got it from Michael's.

I wish I could have gotten a better picture of this before I took it down. I love the branches and the mason jar candle!

I plan on finishing with Christmas decorations this week. Hopefully my camera will be back in soon and I'll be able to take pictures before I get Spring pictures up!

No comments:

Post a Comment