Monday, December 26, 2011

Friday Favorites!

This is a little late...again...


1) Early Christmas - We always celebrate Christmas with Josh's grandparents early. This past weekend, we drove down to VA to visit with them for a while. It was really nice to see everyone and catch up. We also got to stop at COOKOUT while we were there. Josh's uncle told us there was one in VA, but I had forgotten all about it. Josh remembered and asked if I wanted to go. Ummm...YES!

2) Dogsitting - While we were gone, we left Bailey with my co-worker. This was the first time she's ever spent the night away from us. I'm not going to lie, it was nice to have a break from the regular night and morning routine. It was so much faster getting ready! I did miss her a lot though. I was so glad she had another dog to play with all weekend. She was exhausted when we picked her up Sunday afternoon :-)

3) The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - I can't remember if I've mentioned this before or not. I tried to read this book a while back and I just couldn't get into it. After several suggestions from friends, I decided to tough it out and give it another shot. I'm so glad I did! I finished it earlier in the week, now I'm making my way through The Girl who Played with Fire.

4) Early Christmas #2 - We decided to open our gifts before going home for Christmas. It just didn't make sense for us to load everything up in the car, drive it to NC, open them and drive them all right back down...especially since our car is always packed to the max anyway! Plus, I really like being able to enjoy OUR family time. It's great to open gifts with ALL of the family, but we'll still have things to open at each house, so it's fine that our gifts from each other aren't there. I'll probably have a separate post about this later :-)

5) Ride home - We left work a little early on Friday so we could get on the road and hopefully avoid traffic. We took a route to bypass DC. I really enjoy having time to just talk on our trips. We had a smooth trip with hardly any traffic. We got to Josh's mom's a little before 11 and just talked for a while. She had a gift wrapped for Bailey and we let her open it when we got there.

No comments:

Post a Comment