Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday Favorites!

This week DRAGGED, so I'm definitely happy to see Friday!

1) Christmas shopping...is over! Don't get me wrong, I love shopping for the people I love most, but it's so nice to be finished. I am making a couple things, and I still have quite a bit of work to do for those, but no more shopping for me until the after Christmas sales!

2) Dog sitting - As I mentioned in last week's post, Josh and I dog-sat for a co-worker last weekend. It went very well overall and I think it was great for Bailey and Pete. Bailey has WAY more energy, but it gave us a good opportunity to try to teach her when enough is enough.

3) Camp Bow Wow - This isn't the first time they have been on my Friday favorites list, and I'm sure it won't be the last. This Wednesday, they had a discounted day camp price, Santa, a dog chef and wine and finger foods for the humans! Josh and I tasted some of the food and wine while we watched Bailey play with the other dogs on the monitors. We checked her out then got in line to meet Santa. I thought she would bark a lot because she's so funny with new things sometimes. She didn't bark one bit! She was very well behaved, even with the new dogs that were in the lobby. She usually gets SUPER excited around new dogs. I'm sure this was partially because she was exhausted. One lady did come up to her and talk in a very high pitched voice. That ALWAYS gets Bailey really excited. She jumped up on her (we're still working on that) and made her spill her wine. That was the only thing she did wrong. We went to talk to The Dog Chef for a few minutes and Bailey got to sample his food. She enjoyed the food, but it would cost us more than we spend on our own groceries to order from him. I think we'll stick to her current food for now :-)

4) Haircut - When I got my last haircut in October, I decided to leave some length on and just get a trim. I've been regretting it since the next day. I got my hair cut today and it's short and much more manageable again! I love it! I'll post pictures at some point. My camera is due back on Monday.


5) Date - Josh and I both love historical Ellicott City. The salon I went to for my haircut was just a few minutes away, so we decided to take a look around for somewhere to grab a bite to eat. We ended up finding Ellicott Mills Brewing Company. I love brewery/restaurants. The beer is always good and chances are, the food is too. I tried an Aussie style beer and alligator. Josh got a burger and another type of beer. It was all delicious! The atmosphere was great too. I love spontaneous dates!

No comments:

Post a Comment