Saturday, January 15, 2011

Yummy Pasta

My latest thing now is cream cheese in pasta recipes. It makes something delicious even more delicious! I think it also excites me that Josh actually likes it. Used to, I couldn't even get him to taste something if it had cream cheese in it. Now he asks me to make pasta with cream cheese.

I've made several variations of this dish & I think this may be my favorite. Like most things I come up with myself, I don't have a real recipe. I just don't measure things out or write them down. This kind of sucks because when I finally get something right, I can never replicate it.

Anyway. For this dish I used some frozen mussel meat in a delicious garlic/butter sauce. I try to keep a box or so of that in the freezer. I found it at Harris Teeter a few months ago & now I'm addicted to it! It's so fast & easy...perfect for quick dinners.

I sauteed the mussel meat, added about a tablespoon extra of butter, half a package of cream cheese, a can of diced tomatoes, about half a package of chopped, frozen spinach & I just added traditional spaghetti sauce until it tasted the way I wanted. I poured the sauce over thin spaghetti & it was amazing!


This dish is so versatile. I've also made it without the cream cheese & added sauteed squash & zucchini...also delicious!

I'm usually not a fan of thin spaghetti but they had it ridiculously cheap at Costco. I actually do like it with seafood now.

No comments:

Post a Comment