Monday, January 31, 2011

Puppy Love

One of the many reasons I can't wait for us to get our house is because I can't wait to get a puppy! I always had a dog growing up. I have a dog that I had to leave with my dad when I left for college but I couldn't take her now. She's used to having a large yard to run in with her brother & sisters. My little niece is so attached to her. I miss her a lot but I know she is happiest where she is now. This is her with my niece the day after Christmas. She didn't want to sit still for this picture so she doesn't look very happy here. Haha. Anyway, she's a 7 year old Pit & she's an amazing dog. I know Pits have a bad reputation but this one wouldn't hurt a fly, unless you mess with one of us...you might regret that :-)

Josh loves her just as much as I do. We have considered getting a Pit but they have so much energy, I would just feel bad getting one without a huge yard for it to run in. I LOVE American Bulldogs. They're a bit bigger & more wrinkly. I love all types of dogs, but there's just something about a wrinkly dog with big feet :-) You might remember me talking about a dog from when I worked at the vet when we first moved up here. His name was Mack & he was an American Bulldog. He was gorgeous! He was pretty big, close to 100 lbs. & still growing, but he was just a huge baby! Here is an American Bull puppy...so adorable!!! They're just as cute when the grow up too!


I also love Bullmastiffs. I think I love them equally but Josh likes American Bulls better.


We've considered TONS of other breeds but these are our favorites & most likely choices. We've eliminated a lot for different reasons. Long or thick hair, temperament, energy level, too common, etc. We hope to have one by Christmas time. I'll definitely post when we decide for sure & get one!

2 comments:

  1. I think it's SO funny you wrote about puppies! i got on here to write about them too! haha :D YAY PUPPIES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having my dog is a big reason, well, the only reason why I want John and I to get out of the apartment we're in. I'm right there with you about taking your dog away from your parents' house. My dog's been there forever, and Maddie (my dog) has her own dog, Buddy. I couldn't separate them. :'(
    My parents were thinking about a bull mastiff when they first got married. It was that or a lab. When they found about about the drool, they went and got a lab and never looked back.

    ReplyDelete