Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Weekend Update

This past weekend was a lot of things. It was definitely a much needed break. It was productive, relaxing, amazing & disappointing all at the same time! Last week I worked the early shift so I ran at the gym Monday & Wednesday after work. Friday was a pretty tough day & I came straight home. It was nice outside so I decided to go for a run here. It was perfect weather for an outdoor run. Not so hot I was sweating before I got started & not so cold my chest was burning. I felt much better after. I got some things done around the apartment so I could relax Saturday.

Saturday was a let down for the most part. We lost our game to Clemson :-/ It was a horrible game! Because of us losing I had to count on my 2 least favorite teams in the ACC winning in order for us to have a chance at the ACC Championship game. That doesn't mean I pulled for them though! haha. After the game we went grocery shopping & to finish picking out my birthday gifts. It was super double coupon time at Harris Teeter so we got some awesome deals! I get way too excited over that but after we swiped our coupons & VIC card our grocery bill was half as much! We also found a picture to hang in our dining room. I've been searching everywhere since we moved in & I haven't been able to find anything I really liked that wasn't crazy expensive. I decided to go check out Goodwill to see what we could find there & I found it!!! We still have to hang it. As soon as I get it up & find my camera charger I'll post a picture.

Sunday was way better as far as sports. The Ravens won & Chargers won & the Panthers & Pats lost...what more could you ask for ;-) We went to church Sunday morning. We know it will probably be a time consuming process finding a church we both like. While Josh and I have the same beliefs, he prefers a more traditional church & I prefer contemporary. The church we went to Sunday was even too laid back for me. They had snacks & refreshments & everyone seemed nice. Neither of us really cared for the music so that's a definite negative. The people around us were pretty distracting. The people behind us were doing something, I never figured out what they were doing but it sounded like they were looking at a magazine or something. The preacher seemed nice enough, he just wasn't a good speaker...that was kind of the deal breaker.

This week I'm working the late shift (UGH!)...but on the bright side, I took Friday off so we could leave at a decent time to go to Raleigh. I'm SOOO excited to go home for homecoming :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment