Friday, November 19, 2010

2 Weeks

I haven't written much in my blog about my job...mostly because I pretty much hate it & I want to leave all those feelings there. I don't want to bring them home with me. I hate it for a ton of reasons. There is SO much drama. Like the kind of drama you only see in high school. It's absolutely ridiculous. Needless to say, it's not a very positive work environment. The hours are horrible. I like consistency & rotating from opening at 6:30 am to closing at 8:30 pm this month has really not thrilled me. The money is OK & but I know I could do a lot better in a better economy. I guess the biggest thing is that I don't even like the actual job. It's so...boring. I schedule appointments, answer phones & get blamed for things I have no control over. It never changes...I don't learn anything new. I have never worked for a more ungrateful person either. I don't want to bore anyone with details but this is hands down the worse management I've ever dealt with.

Anyway...I've been thinking about leaving for a while. I've been so torn. I hate the job & it was getting to the point where I was bringing my frustrations home with me. At the same time I was so happy to be contributing financially. We have been doing really well with paying off our debt. We have way more than I would like, especially since I forgot about the loan I took out to study abroad :-/ That added a few months to our plan. Last week was probably my breaking point. I didn't care if I got blamed for something that was my fault, I didn't care when someone walked out & said they weren't coming back, I didn't care about anything but getting home. Thursday there was a horrible mix up with the schedule. I think if my manager had been there I would have just quit on the spot, that is NOT like me at all. Luckily, I guess, she was conveniently off on a chaotic day & I took Friday off since we were leaving early to go to Raleigh. That gave me a little time to think things through & make a more rational decision. I thought & prayed about the whole situation a lot. Josh has been super supportive through this whole thing. He's listened to me complain about work more times than I would like to admit. I think he may be almost as excited as me about me having the chance to be a housewife for a little bit again. haha.

I decided that I was definitely leaving. I told my manager this past Monday. I told her I would finish out my posted schedule. My last scheduled day of work is Dec. 2. I have to work tomorrow...that should be a crime in itself & I'm kicking myself for that right now. I can't believe I won't be able to watch the State game with Josh. I only work 2 days next week since we're going to NC for Thanksgiving. The following week is a 4 day week since I took Friday off for Josh's oral surgery. So, technically I only have 7 days of work left. WOOHOO!

I've thought a lot about what I'm going to do. I've been looking for jobs since I got this one...I guess I never really stopped because I've never been happy where I am. I'm going to give it a month to try to find something in my field. At the beginning of the year, if that hasn't worked out for me, I'll start looking for other jobs. I do have an interview Monday morning so hopefully that will open some doors :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment