Thursday, August 11, 2016

Date Night and fun weekend!

Josh and I decided to go on a date night the Friday before last. We don't know how much alone time we have left, so we thought it was a great opportunity to take advantage of kid free life for possibly the last time before needing a babysitter! 

I was off, so I used the day to run some errands. After a few hours of errands, I needed a nap, so I came home, napped, then got ready for our date. I picked Josh up and we headed out for our date night! First, food. Duh. I wanted some fried seafood, so we went to the seafood restaurant at the Farmer's Market. Not fancy by any means, but so good! After this, we were stuffed, but I really wanted some Howling Cow ice cream. We decided to go to Boxcar (it's a barcade downtown) to wait for our food to digest some. We played a few games of skeeball, then went over to Videri, a chocolate factory in downtown Raleigh. We were going to do the tour, but there was a lady and her 3 kids and they were all smacking gum. If you know Josh, you know this is a deal breaker. Heck, they were smacking so hard, it was a deal breaker for me. I couldn't even hear the lady talk and they were the only other people on the tour! So rude! Anyway, we grabbed a sample of chocolate and headed over to State's campus. My feet were hurting at this point anyway. We stopped in for our ice cream and found a comfortable place to sit and enjoy it. SO good! 

By this time, I was tired, but we knew Harrelson was completely gone, so we wanted to see what the brickyard looked like without it. It was also finally starting to cool of (just a little), so it was a decent opportunity to get a walk in anyway. On our way over, we stopped to look at the wolf statues and the brickyard preacher (for any State people, not Gary, the nicer one who didn't tell everyone they were going to Hell - Gary would have told me I was going to Hell because of the dress I was wearing) asked us if we wanted him to take a picture of all 3 of us and he said a quick prayer for Baby K. So nice! 


We made it over to the brickyard afterward and it looks SO different without Harrleson there! We walked around a bit, snapped a few pictures, and headed back to the car. By this time, we were both super tired with super full bellies. 

Where is the UFO?!?



We stopped and picked up a movie to watch at home and spent the rest of the night being lazy. We briefly talked about going to the movies instead, but quickly decided against it. I pee so often now, it would probably just be annoying. We watched at home where we can pause as needed. It was absolutely delightful.

The next evening, we had dinner with Andrew and Kristian and we went out on the boat with them on Sunday. It was an exhausting, but very fun day!

THEN, since we were still pregnant, we went on another "last" date night the following Saturday. A new restaurant opened on Hillsborough Street and we really wanted to try it out, so we did! In terms of comfort, Saturday was not a good day. It was probably one of the worst I've had in a while, so I just wanted to go home and watch a movie, so that's what we did. If you get a chance, definitely check out H-Street Kitchen. SO good!

 Maybe one of my new favorite restaurants. :-)

I had been craving poutine from a place I love in MD and this was as close as I could get. It wasn't quite as good (but we're not comparing apples to apples here - these were good fries, but duck fat fries are just on another level), but it satisfied my craving. I tell you, this might be the way to this pregnant girl's heart.

While we're very much looking forward to our new addition, we're making the most out of the time we have with just the 2 of us! Yay, dates!

No comments:

Post a Comment