Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Baby K - 39 Weeks!!!

August 1, 2016


Yay! We made it to August! We're due in less than a week (a matter of days by the time I'll finish this post)! How did this happen?!?

Baby K is the size of a cat this week. Basically, full sized and preparing to make an appearance. We've had a very active baby this week, especially at night while we're watching TV. I got a quick video of the craziness one night, but I sized it down to be able to text, so it's not the greatest. I'm hoping I get to catch another one like this before Baby K decides to make an exit. Either way, it's pretty amazing to see our little one moving like this!

I've watched this so many times. I just love it!

This week has been pretty good for me. I'm feeling and seeing lots of movement and Josh is too! We're just enjoying the last days (weeks?) of Baby K living on the inside! I need naps, but as long as I can sneak a short one in, I'm usually relatively energetic most days. One day this week I even baked banana bread then showed Josh how I make hamburger steak! I've done yoga a few times (still not as many as I would like) and I've gone on walks several days. Josh and I got caught in the rain trying to go for a walk yesterday. As far as symptoms go, carpal tunnel is remaining steady. General discomfort has picked up quite a bit. It doesn't take much for me to hurt these days. Not severe pain, but more than discomfort for sure. Basically, I'll have at least one body part below my lower back that bothers me by the afternoon every day. The exception is my side/back area has started to bother me again (the area that bothered me REALLY bad back around 30 weeks), but not nearly as bad as it did before. I'm at the Tylenol level of pain again for that. Unfortunately, my chiropractor was on vacation this past week. I plan on calling Monday morning to schedule an appointment (why didn't I schedule a just in case appointment when I was there last week?!?). I'm also feeling more abdominal/pelvic discomfort, especially when I move certain ways. Just when I start to think along the lines of "OK, little one, time to get out", I'll start to get a little nudge or crazy movements like the video above, or just hiccups. Either way, my mindset quickly changes to - "OK, little one, don't leave just yet", so overall, I'm in a "I'm ready when you are" state of mind.

Emotionally, I'm back and forth. I'm generally quite happy, but I'm very irritable, so it doesn't take much to change that. By the end of the day, I'm usually generally over humans. Luckily, I'm still happy to see Josh, so I haven't been cranky with him. I've been really good about not taking my frustrations with other people out on him. It sure helps when he brings hugs and Bo-Berry biscuits home to me!

Sleep is an issue on its own - so so like it has been for a while, but I think we fixed my biggest issue (except insomnia)! My sister let me borrow a wedge pillow, which has come in handy when I needed to sleep elevated because of heartburn (which has been rather fierce this week). I didn't particularly like using it for my belly, because it was like having an obstacle course in bed when I woke up in the middle of the night to pee, so we picked up a tiny one for that purpose and it has been AMAZING! It has gotten very uncomfortable, borderline painful to sleep on my side with my belly hanging these days. I used to fix this by sort of laying on my side/belly, but I haven't been into that lately. I was wedging my body pillow under my belly and it was helping, but it lifted it more than I wanted. I really just wanted something to keep it from feeling like it was hanging, not to push it up at all. This tiny little wedge pillow does that perfectly and fits under my body pillow so I don't have a mountain to climb over to go pee! It's also so much easier to move when I want to switch sides!

As I write this, it's 3:30 Saturday morning. I'm 39 weeks and 5 days pregnant and I'm super uncomfortable. It's a mix of insomnia and that side/back pain keeping me up at the moment. Luckily, It's Saturday and I can go back to sleep and sleep as long as I want Baby K will let me. I see possibly multiple naps in my future today. I do plan on getting some cleaning and food prep (for freezer meals) done today, but mostly, I think I'll relax during the day. We decided to go on one last date night before baby comes (unless it's over a week from now, then we might have one more ;-) ).

Josh is super ready for our little squishy to get here! I think it's the cutest. He's trying to "sneak" me spicy foods by making subtle suggestions to try hot sauce on everything. Neither of us really thinks that works, but I'll still probably be eating all the hot things as we get closer to my induction date. Haha. He's still talking to the baby at night and I love how responsive our little one is to Daddy's voice/touch. He's starting to not sleep as well as he normally does either. I'm not sure if it's anxiety over baby's arrival being so close, looking out for labor signs, or just my getting in and out of bed throughout the night. One morning this week, he left early (before I got up) to go fishing before work. He left a sweet note for me and the baby on the milk. That was a night that I slept particularly bad, so it really perked me up in the morning.

As far as baby things, other than picking up around the house and trying to keep it clean, we're prepared. Well, almost. We're still waiting for the print that will go above the dresser to be delivered, but all we have to do is throw it in the frame and stick it on the wall. All the hard work of mounting and leveling has been done. All the baby things have been washed. Bags are packed. Now we just wait. Mama K and Daddy K are ready to go. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment