Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday Favorites!!!

Happy Friday y'all!!! This was a long week, so I'm definitely glad for the weekend to be here!

1) House Progress - We are so close to being finished with our bar. All we need to do is attach the bar top to the base. We plan on getting this done on tomorrow or Sunday. While we were waiting on coats of poly to dry over the weekend and during the week, I started my cabinet painting project. That is almost close to being complete. I will post about this soon.

2) Dates - Last weekend, we went out for 2 dates. Saturday night, we went to Olive Garden for dinner, after a long, productive day. There was quite a wait, so we walked over to the mall while we waited. We made it back in perfect timing and had a great dinner. We used a gift card I got for my birthday, so that made it even better! We came home and watched a movie. I can't remember what it was for the life of me, but it was good. Sunday, we went to a brewpub for a late lunch. We had a Groupon that was expiring during the week. We each got a burger with fries and a beer. I have gotten really good about eating just until I'm full. I ended up eating past full for lunch. It was almost painful. I wasn't hungry for the rest of the night. 

3) Snow Day - Wednesday was a snow day for me. We were supposed to get about 6 or so inches of snow. We didn't have much when we woke up, but it was supposed to get worse during the day. Most everyone in my office were staying at home. I made the call to stay home and Josh decided to go to work. It ended up not being bad at all. The snow was all melted around mid-day, when it was supposed to be bad. It ended up raining for the majority of the day. I'm glad I took the day off though. I got SO much done! I caught up on some cleaning, put 4 coats of poly on the bar top, put the final coat of paint on the bathroom cabinets and painted the base molding in all 3 bathrooms and foyer. I also cooked dinner and prepped dinner for Thursday. It was the most productive day I have had in a LONG time. After me getting so much done, Josh is ready for me to retire. Haha.

4) Our Barleywine - We kegged our Barleywine last night. It was a little premature, we probably should have let it ferment a little longer. It's still really good though. 

5) Flying Dog - We've been wanting to tour Flying Dog Brewery for quite a while. They book up really far in advance, especially for Saturday tours. I mean, 2 months or more. I happened to look earlier in the week to see when the next availability is, and they had 4 spots open for tomorrow! I guess someone canceled or something. Our 12th dating anniversary is tomorrow, so I thought it would be a fun surprise for Josh. Of course, I told him about 30 minutes later and had him invite another couple to come with us. So, tomorrow, we're going to be touring Flying Dog and going out for dinner after. I'm SO excited!

6) Babies - Saving the best for last...one of my good friends just delivered her triplet girls this morning. She was one day short of her 30 week goal. Everyone is healthy and doing well. I'm so very happy for Nikki and Bryan. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment