Monday, March 18, 2013

Friday Favorites!!!

1) Bar - Our bar is FINALLY finished!!! It only took us...5 months. Haha. Our plan changed a few times, which is why it took so long. Then over the holidays, we just kind of lost interest. After the holidays were over, we decided we needed to make up our minds how we were going to finish the bar top and be done with it. SO glad that's out of the way! 


2) Anniversary - We had a wonderful 12th dating anniversary! We started off by going to Frederick, MD to explore the town and grab lunch. We found a really good BBQ place! The weather was super nice, so it was the perfect day to walk around. We went to tour Flying Dog that afternoon. It was a really good tour and we really enjoyed ourselves. We met another couple there then went out for dinner after. We had a great time, but we were both exhausted by the time we got home!

3) Bar Reveal - We had a party and invited all of Josh's team from work over. We had a great time with everyone and enjoying our bar, fully finished, for the first time. I hope we have many of these occasions to come.

4) ACC Tournament - I was fortunate enough to be able to leave work early to watch our games on Thursday and Friday. It was very exciting watching the Wolfpack advance, though stressful at times.

5) Pinterest Projects - I have completed a couple projects over the past week that I'm really excited about. My favorite is the Newlywed Map. I first saw this project either right before we got married or right after. I have loved it since, but Josh wasn't a fan at first. I noticed it on Pinterest recently and re-introduced him to it a week or so ago, and he liked it much better. Either the idea has grown on him, or he's just sick of our foyer walls being bare. Until last week, the only thing we had hanging in there was a picture I took of the Sydney Harbor Bridge. I like it because it's mulit-purpose. It's not just some random piece of art we picked up at the store. It's decorative AND it tells a story of our travels together.

Some people pin places they have been together and separately. We decided to pin only places that we have been together.

Since we had 2 travel related items in there, we have decided to kind of stick with that theme. I made a Met, Married, Live frame (also found on pinterest) to go in there as well.





A little more detail. I got the idea from Pinterest to embroider around the towns versus just printing an image. I like the way it turned out. I just used stickers for the wording. 

No comments:

Post a Comment