Saturday, February 23, 2013

Friday Favorites!!!

1) Lose It! - I started using this app about 3 weeks ago and I LOVE it! It makes it so easy to track calories. It has the calories for tons of restaurants, which is a big plus. Some dishes that look not so bad aren't as low calorie as you might think. With some of the dishes being as many calories as they are, it's no wonder America is so overweight! I don't need to lose much weight, but it has been really hard for me to lose the little bit of weight that I do want to drop. This app is definitely helping! If nothing else, it makes me think twice about my portion sizes, which is enough to make a huge difference. My goal is to lose a pound a week. So far, I have done that. I should reach my goal weight by early April. Plenty of time to get into bikini shape in time for vacation!

2) Working out - I've been working out most days for the past 3 weeks. I think I've finally found something that works for me. The key is just variation! I get so bored with things very quickly. I've tried to do the 30 day Shred SO many times. I like the workout, but I got bored of seeing the same moves daily. I've been doing the Shred about once a week, 6 Week 6 Pack (love this workout!) twice a week, Killer Buns and Thighs once a week, then yoga or pilates once a week. I enjoy these workouts much more than when I was running, and I burn SO many more calories doing these. Win! 

3) Trip Home - We went home to visit family this past weekend. We left late Friday evening and got in about 2 am on Saturday. We thought we wouldn't hit any traffic since we left so late...we were wrong. We still had a good time though! We got to see everyone. We went to breakfast with Josh's mom and stepdad Saturday. Then we went to Josh's dad's to watch our basketball game. It was a close one, but we pulled out a win. We went back to Josh's mom's for dinner after the game. Sunday we met Matt for an early lunch at San Jose. I probably haven't been there since high school. The food is still delicious and it's still about the same price! Crazy cheap! Bailey stayed with Nana while we were out. She was really good! Next, we packed up and dropped Bailey off with my mom while we went to meet my dad, sister and Natalia for second lunch. Neither of us were hungry, but Nikki worked all weekend, so we only got a chance to see her during her lunch break. We caught up with them a little then took Natalia for ice cream. She rode with us back to my mom's house. She's a hilarious kid. I can't believe she's almost 6! It was a quick trip, but we had a good time!

4) Brew Day - Josh and I both had Monday off. It's been forever since we've brewed and we were invited to brew at a friend's house, so we decided we would brew our barley wine! I didn't stick around for the whole time since I had some projects around the house I wanted to take care of (more on those later). It was a very productive but still relaxing day.

5) Bailey - Thursday afternoon we came home and Bailey wasn't in her crate. That morning, Josh thought I crated her and I thought he crated her. She usually sticks up our butts until we crate her in the mornings. Thursday, Josh turned on the radio for her and I didn't see her anymore, so I thought she was in her crate. He had to run upstairs to grab his wallet and he didn't see her any more, so he thought I crated her. Sneaky girl. Haha. She didn't mess up a single thing! She didn't even grab her bully stick that was sitting on a counter! I was SO proud of her. We had gotten to the point where we would leave her out if we were going to be gone for an hour or so, but not for a while work day! Josh thought she didn't eat the house only because she had camp the previous day and she was exhausted. I had a little more faith in her :-). I talked him into letting me leave her out on Friday. I had to agree that I would be responsible for any damage she did before he would agree to that. She was an angel again! My little girl is finally maturing! Haha. We will start to leave her out more now, but we do want to crate her sometimes. We want her to be used to it in case we need to crate her while we're traveling.


No comments:

Post a Comment