Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday Favorites!

1) State Win! - Of course a highlight of my week was watching my Wolfpack beat Carolina! It wasn't the best of games, but it was still a win. I won't speak of what happened Tuesday night...this is a favorites post and I want to keep it positive :-).

2) Bar Progress - We've been working on our bar for about...4 months now. Haha. We haven't done a whole lot to it lately, but we got the trim put on it this weekend. There's still lots to do. We need to stain the trim, put tons of coats of poly on the whole bar top, and attach it to the base of the bar. We're taking baby steps here. 

We hope to get this done in the next couple weeks. That shouldn't be too hard since we've promised ourselves not to start any more projects until we finish this one...and I'm pretty excited to get started on our next one!

3) Power Tools - Yes, I'm a girl, but I love power tools about as much as I do fun kitchen tools. This is directly related to our bar progress. We were able to measure the wood pieces, cut them to size and nail them to the bar in maybe an hour. The nail gun is a HUGE time saver! We got it about a year and a half ago when we tiled the foyer. We bought it to put the trim back on. We started with just a hammer and nails, it didn't take Josh long to go pick this baby up! Another tool that was a huge time saver for this project was our miter saw. We were using a hand saw and miter box at first, but it was taking forever and our cuts were not very clean. Josh has been wanting a hand saw for quite some time and we have a few projects we hope to tackle in the near future that will require angles. Yes, it was a LOT more expensive than the miter box, but we've already used it for 2 projects and it has saved us a ton of time on each one. I don't even want to know how long it would have taken us to make all those 45 degree angle cuts by hand. I'm not a patient person, so I enjoy getting the cut done in about 2 seconds!

4) My Husband - He's amazing! He surprised me by cooking pretty much all our meals this weekend! We did have pizza once, but other than that he made breakfast, lunch and dinner every day over the weekend. I helped him with some meals, but he did the majority of the work. He also cleaned up the State room while he was off work Monday. That was a very welcome surprise since he had his own to do list. This room is nearly impossible to keep clean since it is also Bailey's play room and where we spend the majority of our time.

5) Vacation! - We have FINALLY decided on a vacation destination and our spot is held, now we just have to book it officially, which should happen this afternoon. YAY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment