Friday, September 7, 2012

Friday Favorites!

1) Another short week - I am SO grateful this was a short work week for me. It has been a tough one, so it's really a blessing that I didn't have to be there the first 2 days.

2) Exercise - We typically get up at 5:30 for work. I woke up at 5:00 Thursday morning. 30 minutes is not enough time for me to fall back to sleep. I would typically lay there and get tired and cranky just before the alarm clock goes off. This time I decided to get up and exercise. I was just going to do some pilates, but Bailey got up with me so I decided to take her running instead. I put her backpack on her and she carried my keys and phone for me. I think she actually likes wearing it. It has been over 3 months since I've been running, so it wasn't a great run, but it was better than nothing. We ran sprints rather than "long" (like a mile...haha) distance. This way Bailey actually gets a chance to stretch her legs and run. When I run at my normal pace she just gets to trot a little, which is just a tease for her.

3) Last Meeting - I've had to attend weekly planning meetings after work for an event that is coming up this weekend for the last couple of months. One late night a week doesn't seem like a lot, but if Josh plays basketball on Mondays and ultimate frisbee on Tuesdays, that only leaves 2 or 3 week nights that we get to spend together depending on which night my meeting falls. Let's just say I'm SO glad I just had the last one this week. I will be so glad to be back at my normal routine next week.

4) Visiting family - After Atlanta, we went back to NC to spend some time with our family. We were originally going to stay there from Saturday to Monday morning, but we decided to take an extra day off work and leave Tuesday morning instead. I'm SO glad we did. We got to spend extra time with our families and we didn't hit any traffic on the way back home. 

5) New faucet - We finally bought a new kitchen faucet! We just have the standard builders faucet right now and I don't like it at all. I don't like not having a sprayer either. We have a very busy weekend coming up, but hopefully we can get it installed at some point.


No comments:

Post a Comment