Friday, September 21, 2012

Friday Favorites!!!

Happy Friday y'all!!! 

1) Ikea - I love Ikea. I love that we have one 25 minutes away (This is one thing I won't like about moving back to NC at some point. Can IKEA please come to Raleigh?). I love that it's so cheap and I love that they package things so that I can fit so much stuff in our tiny little car. I also love their $1 cinnamon rolls. YUM! We went to pick up some bookshelves and some other things. Josh was a bit worried about fitting the biggest bookshelf in the car because we bought an identical one when we had the Taurus and we had a really hard time getting it to fit in through the trunk and back seats. The Taurus is quite a bit bigger than the Civic. I was optimistic and I told him we would find a way. Well, even I was a little surprised that I was right. It went right in with no problem. The Civic may be smaller, but the trunk is made differently, so it was actually a lot easier to slide the box down into the trunk and through the back seat opening.

2) Our car - Refer back to #1. I love that it's smaller, but we can still fit things that we could fit in the much larger, harder to park, gas hog Taurus.

3) Wednesday off - I love short weeks! I took Wednesday off because we had contractors at the house fixing our bay window. We had some rotted wood and a couple other issues that we thought were leading to a bit of leakage in our bumpout on the front of our house. Thompson Creek came out to replace all the rotted wood, fix those issues and cap everything. Now it looks SO much better AND it's maintenance free. It has a double lifetime warranty, so it's covered during our time in this house AND the next owners. Hopefully having this done will increase the value of our home. We're not 100% sure this will entirely fix the leaking issue we have when it rains sideways, but it was something that really needed to get done anyway.

4) Maid Brigade - On my Wednesday off, I had 9843098 things on my to do-list:
- Clean the house 
- Start organizing the garage (we REALLY want to be able to park the car in there this winter) 
- Look in our attic and see how we can utilize it for storage 
- Finish putting together IKEA furniture
- Wash new towels and switch out the old ones
- Organize craft room (you could only see a few spots on the floor)
- Catch up on laundry
- Hang curtains in the guest room and our bedroom
- Hang up some pictures (our walls have been bare WAY too long)
- Break out the Fall candles and decor
- Cook dinner

I realized when I made this list that there was no way I was going to finish it. I decided to bring some help in and I'm SO glad I did. The ladies did a fantastic job and I was able to get SO much done while they were here. I just worked in the garage while they were upstairs and organized the craft room while they were downstairs. I kept Bailey on the floor I was on and she napped, sun bathed and people watched. 

5) Bark Box - A couple weeks ago, I saw a Groupon for Bark Box. If you've ever heard of Birch Box, it's the dog version. If not, it's basically a service that mails you a box of 4-5 items per month. These items could be toys, treats, or a number of other things for your dog. The boxes usually start at $17 a month, but with the deal, I got it for $10 a month. We definitely spend more than that on toys and treats for Bailey, so I decided to give it a shot after researching a little and finding out what had been in past boxes. I was SO excited when Bailey's first box came in. I sat it on the floor for her and let her sniff it and push it around a little. Then I decided she had enough teasing. This month's box included:



- Zukes Z-Bones in Clean Apple Crisp Flavor (She hasn't tried this yet)
- Whole Life Organics Sweet Potato Treats (She's still not sure if she likes these)
- Whole Life Freeze Dried Chicken Treats (of course she loves these)
- A Crinkit (She will get this today and I already know she will love it)
- w.a.g. Wash & Go bath wipes (She won't care about this, but I'm keeping it in the car for after the dog park)

6) Master Bedroom - We've had the paint to paint our bedroom for quite some time, but we've been putting it off. Well, it's finally done and I love it! I'll try to post pictures within the next week.

7) Andre Brown - I don't like the Giants...at all. But Andre had a great game and I love it! Who doesn't enjoy a good Panthers/Cam loss? 

No comments:

Post a Comment