Friday, November 18, 2011

Friday Favorites!

I'm so glad I've started doing this. If I would have had this exact same week a few weeks ago, I probably would have told you that I've had a crappy week. When I look at these few things, I remember it actually wasn't so bad. It was actually pretty darn good.

1) New work hours - We're working shorter hours now that Josh has started his new job! The tradeoff is that he doesn't get every other Friday off anymore, but I like this better! I think Bailey does too :-)

2) Girls night - As much as I love just hanging out with the hubby at home, it's nice to get out of the house and hang out with some of the girls! I went to a friend's house for a girl's night last Saturday. It was a much needed change of pace.

3) New phone - This is a favorite and a not favorite all at the same time. I like my new phone, but I bought it because I had to. I lost my old one at the dog park. While it's much better, there are definitely other things I would have preferred to use my spending money on :-)

4) Natalia's call - I love when my niece calls me :-) She called a few nights ago to tell me they  had a tornado watch at home. Haha. She also wanted to check in on everyone and tell me what she had for dinner. It just amazes me at how she can hold a conversation :-) Little kids are so dang cute!

5) I got my ring back - I had to have a prong re-tipped on my engagement ring. I didn't want to hand it over, but when I got it back it was as shiny, white and scratch free as it was the day I got it :-)

6) Bailey howls - We've been trying to get Bailey to howl for the longest time without much luck. She will do it sporadically, but we want her to do it on command. We didn't think she really had it in her to be honest. Well, we were curious about how long she barks and whines when we leave for work. We decided to record her when we left for work. She doesn't do a lot of barking and whining...she howls! Not the little wimpy howls we get when she gets excited about something, but a real howl! Of course, it's not ideal for her to be howling that early in the morning, but I'm glad to know she has it in her!

1 comment:

  1. I just might start doing this... like you said, to help find the good out of the weeks that seem just plain awful! Love you!

    ReplyDelete