Friday, November 11, 2011

Friday Favorites!

I borrowed this idea from my bestie. It's so easy to forget those little things that make you smile throughout the week, so I would like to list a few things about each week that made it great :-) 

1) NC State Football! Yes! We beat UNC for the 5th year in a row. It was an even sweeter win after all the crap talk from Withers leading up to the game. AND...shutout? Heck yea! AND, LSU beat Bama! Great football week!

2) Brewing! We brewed our Holiday beer Sunday night. I'm really excited about it and I can't wait to try it. This has been put off for a couple weeks now (lack of time when we had visitors and lack of hot water when the heater was broken), so it's not going to be ready in time for Thanksgiving like we hoped :-/ That's alright though, I'm sure it will be worth the wait.

3) Gone with the Wind - I finally finished the book a couple weekends ago and I was so excited to watch the movie. Josh and I stayed up really late Friday night to watch it. Of course, the book was better, but it was still a really good movie.

4) Cleaners - I bought a Livingsocial voucher for housecleaning. We had an appointment for Saturday morning. So, in just an hour or so, our house was cleaned AND we made a huge amount of progress in cleaning out and organizing our garage. We need to get rid of some stuff we've been hanging onto, but we're well on our way to being able to park our car in the garage before Winter sneaks up on us! Too bad I can't find my camera charger, this is definitely a project I would like to have a before/after shot of!

5) New job! - Not for me, for Josh! I haven't posted about it before, but today was his last day at his current job. He starts his new job on Monday. We're both really excited. This is a great opportunity for us! We celebrated with a happy hour after work today. Waffle fries topped with crab dip and cheese...DELICIOUS! 

No comments:

Post a Comment