Monday, August 1, 2011

We Found the Culprit!

A few weeks back, I posted about a rabbit getting into our garden. It was eating our lettuce, zucchini and tomatoes. I was SO irritated. 


Well...last weekend, we saw the culprit. It's not a rabbit at all. It's a groundhog! He lives under our neighbor's deck. 
 Josh saw him eating a tomato this weekend, but he chased him off. I knew we had groundhogs around here, but I assumed it was a rabbit because I've seen them in our yard several times. We've seen several groundhogs around where we walk Bailey, but we've never seen one anywhere near our yard. There's not much we can do about it. They can burrow under the ground and climb fences. We bought some stuff to sprinkle around the garden that is supposed to keep them away. We put that down the day before Josh saw him, so that's clearly not working. Too bad, they're so cute! 

No comments:

Post a Comment