Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Friday Favorites!!!

This post is late. I "scheduled" it to be posted on 8/28, but Blogger didn't listen. Here goes...better late than never.

1) 21 day challenge - I'm participating in a 21 day challenge and I'm loving the results so far! I decided to go ahead and do the 21 day fix while I was participating in the challenge. I'm eating SO much better than I used to and I feel great! I wasn't sure that my allowed number of containers would be enough for me, but I haven't felt hungry at all! They may not be in the categories that I prefer (I do love my carbs!), but it's definitely enough (sometimes more than enough) to keep me satisfied! I'm less than 2 weeks in and I am down about 3 pounds!

2) Breaking Benjamin - I mentioned in my previous post that we went to go see Breaking Benjamin last Friday. It was SUCH a great show! I'm so glad we got the opportunity to go!


This isn't a great picture, but it's still pretty cool. They turned ALL the lights in the building off then had everyone turn their lights on their phones on. This is how bright it was! It's crazy! I was looking around, waiting for them to turn the lights off it was so bright. It took me a minute to realize that they were all off! They performed a song this way and it was really cool. 

3) Patio Progress - There's no real progress for the actual patio, but we are on the schedule and it should be installed soon. We did get the propane tank moved though! This is huge for me, because I did not want to be relaxing by our fire pit just to have the eyesore of the propane tank staring back at me (don't worry, we were going to have it put in at a safe distance). I looked and looked for ways to conceal it, but nothing was quite striking my fancy. I decided to inquire about having it moved. It wasn't expensive at all and I'm so glad we did it! Now I'm really ready to have the patio installed!
This is an old picture, from before our fence was even up, but you can see where the propane tank used to be.

 And now it's gone! Yay!

4) Trip Progress - We have made a lot of progress on our Peru trip! We're all vaccinated, nothing left to book. We just need to get some soles (Peruvian currency) to take with us, buy a few items, and get packed! We've been finalizing our packing list and we're both really getting excited about the trip! I can't wait to share pictures and stories about our experience!

We're also making a little progress on our Iceland trip. It's also just around the corner. We hadn't been planning much for it because there was still so much to plan for with the Peru trip. We have a very rough idea of our itinerary and we've started to research lodging and car rentals. Hopefully we'll have everything reserved for that trip before we leave for our trip to Peru!

5) Josh's birthday and vacay - Josh's birthday is tomorrow! He has a co-worker whose birthday is Saturday. A group of us are taking a weekend trip to the beach and I couldn't be more excited! I'm in serious need of some relaxing!

This is our house for the weekend! I'm definitely looking forward to hanging out on that rooftop deck!

6) Sunday Hike - We've been trying to go for hikes on the weekend to prepare for our trip. This past Sunday, we went to Umstead  and hiked about 6 miles. I don't think we'll go back, just because it was too crowded. We've gone to Raven Rock a couple times and it's much less busy. Even with the high traffic, it was nice to get out into the woods and hike for a bit. I would say hiking is probably my favorite form of exercise, so I'm really excited that we're finding places not too far from home!

No comments:

Post a Comment