Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Recap of the past few weeks

It seems pointless to post a Friday Favorites post on Wednesday, especially when you're covering more than just the past week. How do I let myself get so far behind?!? 

Moving on...here's what we've had going on since I posted last. I've been absolutely horrible at taking pictures, so there aren't many of those to share, unfortunately. 

Gardening!

We've been doing quite a bit of gardening, which I love!!! We planted our garden a few weeks ago. I posted a picture right after we had the majority of the things planted, but since then, we've planted a couple more things and everything has gotten so much bigger! We also put a little fence around it to keep the curious pups out. 

This is right after everything was planted.

 This is a couple days ago. 

 Sugar snap peas. They are already looking for something to climb! We'll be making a trellis for them this week.

This is a spaghetti squash I started from seed. This guy is growing fast! 

Roma Tomatoes!

In addition to the vegetable garden, I've been busy trying to pretty up our yard a little. One afternoon after work, I made this little flower bed around our mailbox while Josh cut the grass. I planted Iris bulbs in it. Since then, several of them have sprouted and I added a few more things. I put some Petunias in there so I can have something pretty until the Irisis bloom and I added a few Sedum plants that will spread and provide pretty groundcover. I planted Shasta Daisy seeds, but they won't bloom until next year. 

 I love the way it turned out! These are the stones I used.


My Iris bulbs are sprouting!!! I'm really looking forward to seeing them bloom!

Concerts!
We're not usually big on going to concerts. We usually feel like they're not worth the money, so we only go when we find really cheap tickets. 

On Cinco de Mayo, we went to see John Fogerty. Josh won the tickets at work, so they were free! It doesn't get better than that! We had some friends come with us and we ate at Calavera before the show and it was delicious! It's like a 2 minute walk from Josh's office, so I just met him there and we walked together. 
This is the only picture we took at the show. We actually had "box" seats, but we ended up sitting on the lawn with everybody else for the show.

Last Thursday, we went to see Jason Isbell and Zac Brown Band. Both acts were awesome! The weather was perfect...it was a great show all together! 

I did get kicked out of the men's bathroom though. That kind of sucked. I should have taken a picture of how long the women's line was, but I didn't. I've waited in lots of long bathroom lines, but never one this long. It was ridiculous. Josh talked me into just going to the men's bathroom with him. We decided I would be fine if he was with me and he could just watch the stall for me. I decided there's no way it could be dirtier than the women's bathroom I had just gone in and I could save at least 30 minutes of my life. I went for it. NOPE...the security guard wasn't having it. Back to an even longer line for the women's bathroom than I left behind. Oh well, I get points for trying, right?

 This is us waiting for the show. We loved where we sat. We're going to go see Brad Paisley here on Saturday and I think we might try to get those same seats in the lawn even though we have real seats for this show. :-)

Chloe
Daddy got a new puppy about a month ago and he brought her to visit shortly after. She is SO cute!

Meet Bailey's little aunt...
 She'll grow into it soon!


 They took turns chasing each other around the house. So cute!


Tired pup!

When daddy came to visit, he also installed a flood light on our grilling deck for us, installed an outdoor fan on our covered porch and moved our breakfast nook light over. I'll post pictures of these things eventually. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment