Thursday, May 21, 2015

Friday Favorites!!!

2 Weeks worth of favorites right here! I know it's not Friday, but it's my Friday, so I'm posting today anyway. :-D

1) Parks Visit - Our Friends Bryan and Kristen visited from MD. Bryan made crab cakes for dinner. We made loaded baked potatoes and corn on the cob to have with them. Everything was so good! We stayed up late playing games on Friday night. Everyone except me slept in on Saturday. Not because I didn't want to. I would have loved to. My body just didn't want to. I got up and assembled the patio furniture that we had picked up from Sears on Friday. 

We went to Beasley's Chicken and Honey for brunch on Saturday. Everything was SO good! We'll definitely be going back! After Beasley's, we went to Crank Arm since Kristen likes random bike things. They had human sized Jenga, which sounds completely awesome! It's not completely awesome. It kind of sucks, actually. You're talking, enjoying your company, then all of a sudden you hear a loud crash and it scares the daylights out of you. Human sized Jenga is not awesome and I no longer want to build a set for our yard. The End.

We stopped by the new Cabella's on the way home to pick up some bait since Josh and Bryan wanted to go fishing. Kristen and I lounged a little then started to prep for dinner. We had planned to make BBQ at home, but since it's kind of a whole day process, it didn't happen. In hindsight, we should have smoked it during the day on Friday. We just ran to a place down the street and picked some up. We just lounged and watched TV (which of course means me falling asleep on the couch around 10:00).

Sunday morning Bryan made us brunch with the leftover crab cakes. He made eggs benedict...but with crab cakes. Yes Please! I need the Parks to come back to visit soon!!!

2) Garden Progress - Our garden is still going strong! Everything is getting so big! I definitely look forward to the day when I can go grab a tomato or zucchini fresh out of the garden! We made a little trellis for the sugar snap peas and they are climbing it like a champ! Unfortunately, the Crab Grass is also growing like a champ. We really need to just hang out in the garden for like a day to pick all the grass and weeds. I went out to check it this morning and I found a baby tomato! I meant to go back out to take a picture, but I didn't get a chance before it started raining. YAY for some rain finally!!!

3) Patio Furniture - As I mentioned above, we got patio furniture for our covered deck area. This is the set we got.

4) Fire Pit - We got our fire pit this past weekend...now to just get the patio installed. We're one step closer to our awesome outdoor entertaining area!

5) Brad Paisley - We went to see Brad Paisley this past Saturday and had a great time! He put on a great show. Justin Moore and Mickey Guyton opened for him. Mickey was pretty good, but Justin Moore was great! Even though he's got a new album out, Brad Paisley performed a lot of old songs. I didn't leave wishing he had played something that he didn't play, so I consider it a win!

Waiting for the show to start!

6) The Wire - Since we lived in MD, I've always wanted to watch The Wire. I heard everyone talk about it, but we never got around to watching it. Well, we finally started watching it this week! We're only 2 episodes in, but we're really enjoying it so far!


7) Revenge - My favorite show is gone. The series finale was the weekend before last and the red sharpie is no more. It's bittersweet. I'm happy with how things ended, but I miss Emily Thorne/Amanda Clarke being in my life!

8) Daily Burn - I started this new program on Daily Burn this week and I really like it so far! My boss told me about Daily Burn and I thought I would give it a shot. SO glad she told me about it. It's not free, but it's not expensive and there's a 30 day free trial. If I'm not sticking with it after a couple months, I'll cancel it. Either way, it's much cheaper than paying a gym membership and the features make it worth the $13 a month. I'm doing Cardio Sculpt and I'm really enjoying it so far!

9) 9/80 Schedule - Before we moved and I started working from home, I was off every other Friday. Basically, I worked 80 hours in 9 days rather than 10. I'll be starting that again the week after next! Since my team's workload has change a little since I was last on the schedule, my off day will now be Monday, so I'll be off every other Monday starting June 8. Woohoo!

10) Short work week and long weekend - We have more friends coming to visit this weekend! They'll be coming in sometime today, so Josh and I both took tomorrow off work. Since Monday is Memorial Day, we both have it off work, so we have a 4 day week, a 4 day weekend, then another 4 day week! I actually have a few 4 day weeks and 4 day weekends coming up. I took June 5 off for our anniversary and June 8 is my first off Monday, so that's 2 more 4 day weeks and another 4 day weekend for me! Score! After four 4 day weeks, it's gonna be hard to go back to a 5 day work week!

11) Anniversary Cake - We won't pick it up until the day before our anniversary, but we ordered our anniversary cake (and some extras) this week! I am SO excited about this! We got our first anniversary cake, but we haven't gotten any since then. Our tradition is to watch our wedding video on our anniversary every year. One of my favorite things about our wedding was our cake, so I'm super excited to have some of that to go along with it!!!

Here's our wedding cake. I still love it!

12) Call from Z - We miss all our MD friends, but we miss our Smiths something fierce! These past couple weeks in particular, I've been missing MD people and things. I told Josh either our friends have great timing with their visits, and they're coming when they knew I would need to see them (The Parks the week before last and the Daves this week)...OR with them all coming, it makes me miss MD more. Either way, I'm happy to visit with them. This past weekend, Josh and I were on our way back home from Lowe's and I got a call from Zachary. He had taken Jen's phone and started calling people. It made my heart smile.


This is from when the Smiths came to visit earlier this year (specifically, right after we found out we were going to the Sweet 16!)


No comments:

Post a Comment