Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Weekend Home!!!

The weekend after Father's Day, we decided to go home to visit our families. We originally weren't planning on going again until Labor Day weekend. I was writing out Father's Day cards and I really wanted to go home. After watching our wedding video, we both kind of wanted to go home, so it wasn't hard talking Josh into making the trip. Josh had that Friday off, so I took it off and we drove down Thursday after work. We waited until after rush hour to leave this time. We usually leave right after work and just tough it out. I'm glad we waited this time. We left about 2 hours later than we usually do and we got to my sister's house about an hour later than we usually would, so it was worth it. We also didn't have the pressure of getting on the road NOW. 

Friday I went shopping with Nikki for a little bit, then we went to my mom's to have a cookout with my side of the family. We made kabobs on the grill and they were delicious! It was really nice to spend time with everyone, but I kind of wish we would have gone somewhere or something with them. There were just too many people to actually get to catch up with my parents, which is what I wanted to do. 

 We introduced Bailey to some of Natalia's toys. She's usually scared of kid toys, but this one grew on her.

She didn't really like wearing it though. Haha.

Saturday, we went to Cherry Grove with Josh's mom and step dad for the day. It was the perfect beach day. We got there a little later than we had planned, but we still really enjoyed ourselves. Josh and Aaron fished while Josh's mom and I lounged and searched for seashells. We saw SO many crabs! I only have pictures of some of the hermit crabs we saw, but we spent a lot of our time out on a sandbar and we saw regular crabs out there. I didn't take my camera with me because I didn't realize how much we would see! Bailey was with my dad playing with her sister while we were at the beach. After we left the beach, we went to Broadway at the Beach and ate at Joe's Crab Shack. For whatever reason, I got a crab cake salad. It was good, but it was the whimpiest crab cake I've ever seen. The food was good, but I wasn't impressed and I probably won't go back. We ended up not getting home until around 11:30 that night and it was storming really bad, so she stayed with my dad. 

 Josh going out to the sandbar.

 A hermit crab!

 He's a shy one

 This one had such a pretty shell!

Near the end of our beach day.

Sunday, went to my dad's house and spent a little more time with him. We decided to have lunch with Josh's dad, so my dad agreed to take Bailey to my mom's and we picked her up in Fayetteville after lunch. We didn't get on the road until around 3:00, then we hit some pretty bad traffic on the way in, so we didn't get home until about 10:30. That was WAY past our bed time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment