Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Anniversaries!

We've had a couple anniversaries in the past few months. May 20 was our first anniversary in our house! I really can't believe we've already been here for a full year! Time has really been flying by. We would have liked to have had a cookout or something for this occasion, but it was such a busy time, we weren't even home that weekend. This is when we went home for Natalia's birthday party. Even though we didn't do anything to celebrate, I still feel like I should at least mention it. 

Josh and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary on June 5. I can't believe it's already been 2 years! Since our anniversary fell on a weekday this year, we cooked a nice dinner together. We decided on crab cakes. You can't go wrong there! We had asparagus and something else delicious with it. It was so long ago, I really don't remember what else we ate. Haha. We just ate in, watched our wedding video, and shared some wine. It was a very nice, low key at home date. Sometimes, I love those just as much as going out, or even more!



I LOVE watching our wedding video on our anniversary. It's so fun to look back and see how we've changed (we both looked so much younger!) and to just remember that day. It was such an awesome day, but it FLEW by faster than any other day..ever! It's nice to kind of get to re-live it every year :-).

One of my favorites

Smooches!

Cinda makes the best cake ever! This was the only thing missing from our anniversary. I had planned on ordering our anniversary cake for when we're in Raleigh this weekend. With all that has been going on, (more on that later) I completely forgot! I'm so mad at myself now!

Father-Daughter dance...My Little Girl...always :-)

Brown Eyed Girl...our last dance.

The following Friday, we went out to eat to celebrate again. I don't know what I was thinking, but I made reservations for 5:00 in Annapolis. This time of the year, people are really excited about Summer coming up. When people get excited about Summer, they get excited about the beach. To get to the beach, they have to go over the Bay Bridge. To get to the Bay Bridge, they have to get to Annapolis. Needless to say, this would have likely been a cluster anyway, but I actually made dinner reservations during rush hour! Who does that? Anyway, after driving about an hour to go 25 minutes away, we had a really nice dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment