Sunday, March 27, 2011

First House Disappointment

First, a few updates. When we first decided to buy a house up here we were planning on buying a townhome. We've decided that it's worth a little more money to us to be able to get a single family home. A yard is important to both of us. Up here, townhomes with a decent size yard really aren't much cheaper than a single family home.

We've been to look at houses a couple times since we've been back from vacation. We had a favorite that I haven't had a chance to post about yet. It was in a great location, it had a great yard & an AMAZING pantry! The storage was wonderful. Of course there were a few nit picky things we didn't like. The only real downfalls were that there was no bathroom on the main level & the basement didn't have outside access. It was also a little over our budget but it had only been on the market for about 2 weeks. We were confident that the price would come down since the comps were a little lower.

I fell in love with the house. I pictured exactly what I was going to do with the kitchen, how we were going to arrange our furniture, everything. I had it all planned out.

I checked online every day to see if the price dropped or if anything else changed. It went under contract last week. I was SO disappointed. We don't have long at all so I was sure the house would still be available.

I kind of expected something like this to happen. I guess I just hoped it wouldn't. It's ok though. I've moved on. We just weren't meant to be in that house. We rode around yesterday & found a few houses we want to look at with our agent. We'll be going home next weekend for a wedding. Hopefully we'll get a chance to look at a house or 2 before we go home.

1 comment: