Saturday, March 26, 2011

Disney World!





I can't believe it's been over a month since I've blogged! I have SO much to catch up on. Of course, I'll split it up :-)

At the end of February Josh and I took a much needed vacation. We spent the first half of it at Disney World with my sister, niece & dad. I can't remember the last time we went on a family vacation so this was LONG overdue.

We got a little bit of snow a few days before we left for Florida. This picture was taken on our balcony the morning we left. I wore flip flops & a hoodie to the airport. I got lots of crazy looks :-) I didn't care.

We flew into Jacksonville, FL & rode the rest of the way with my family. I'm glad we didn't fly into Orlando. This gave us time to just catch up. We spent 4 days at Disney World. One day for each park. The first day was short so we chose the park with the smallest amount of things for Natalia to do. This was definitely a good choice. I think the only thing she really enjoyed was the Toy Story ride...that was an hour & a half wait. Waiting in line for an hour and a half with an impatient toddler isn't on the top of my list of things to do on vacation. This picture was taken about half way through the line.

The next day we went to Magic Kingdom. Of course she loved it there. There is so much for a kid her age to do there. This is where she met her first characters. She was so good with them! She was SO scared of them when we took her to Disney a few years back. She wasn't even 2 yet.

I love this picture. She couldn't find us in the crowd so she just waved all the way around. Haha.
Everyone loved Animal Kingdom. It's like a ginormous zoo...but better :-) Natalia took this picture (of course I was holding the camera, she just pushed the button). We took tons of pictures on the safari ride but she said the baby elephant was her favorite.

Unfortunately, this is the only picture we took of all of us. We were so focused on doing as much as we could that we didn't stop to take many pictures. I really wish we would have...my hair looks horrible in this one ;-)
Natalia with Goofy. He is the only character she really opened up with. She loved him. His line wasn't super long so she got to play around with him for a little bit.

She's playing with his whiskers in this one. I have a video of this but she looks like she's slapping him. Haha.


Of course, Goofy holds a special place in my heart too ;-)


By the end of the trip...and each day...this is pretty much what we all felt like.


We had such a great time & I hope we get to take another family vacation before so long. The next one will definitely involve a day of relaxation. Walking around those parks all day were much more tiring than they used to be. We used to do it with not problem. Of course, that was before we were both used to desk jobs!


No comments:

Post a Comment