Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Birthday Natalia!

My niece turned 5 on May 24th. We had her birthday party on the 19th, the weekend before Josh and I went on vacation. I just can't believe how fast she is growing up! Josh and I drove down Friday after work, so we got in pretty late. We stayed with my sister so I could help her prep for the birthday party the next morning. Josh took Bailey to my dad's and went fishing with my cousin.

The them of Natalia's birthday party was Hello Kitty. She wants Hello Kitty everything! Her big birthday gift was redecorating her bedroom in just about everything Hello Kitty we could find. Her parents bought her new bedding, a rug, wall decals and curtains. Josh and I got her a wall lamp, a picture I painted and a lamp (I painted a Hello Kitty on the lamp shade). We also got her a Beta that she named Hello Kitty. She has since re-named the fish Bella. She was SO excited about her new bedroom and her fish. Anyway, my sister and I got up early to start decorating and re-arranging her bedroom. It was lots of work but well worth it.


Natalia's super cute cake!

 She doesn't like people singing Happy Birthday to her. I was like this too.

 Opening some gifts

 Natalia with her fish, Bella.

We decorated with tons of balloons of course. Part of her room decor was a big Hello Kitty poster. I made bows out of tissue paper so the kids could play pin the bow on the kitty, kind of like pin the tail on the donkey. It was really cute! They also played musical chairs and chased each other around like kids do. It was a lot of fun, but I will admit, a 5 year old's birthday party is a GREAT form of birth control! 

No comments:

Post a Comment