Sunday, October 31, 2010

Still Playing Catch Up!

I hate that I don't feel like blogging when I get home :-/ I'm always so far behind now! This was definitely easier when I was a housewife! Man, I really miss being a housewife! I was so much more organized less stressed. I'm still applying & hoping for a better job to come along. I know I have to be patient & eventually it will happen...that's just not a strong point for me. Anyway...

I was supposed to work last Saturday but we ended up being closed because a Dr. wasn't available. Since I was on the schedule for Saturday I had Friday off. That happened to be an off Friday for Josh so we had a 3 day weekend together!

We decided to go to the National Aquarium in Baltimore. I LOVE that place! We have season passes that get us into the one in Baltimore & DC. This was our second time going. The first time was the Sunday before labor day...BAD idea! It was SO crowded. I don't think we'll ever go on a holiday weekend ever again. We found super cheap parking only a few blocks away. I was kind of excited. It was only a quarter for an hour & 15 mins! We usually go on the weekends when street parking is free. Most places the street parking during the week is closer to $1 an hour. haha. We ended up staying for about 2 hours because we wanted to make it out before rush hour. It did get a little crowded during the end of our trip last week. Turns out, we picked a field trip day to go. They have an awesome jellyfish exhibit we were seeing for the first time. They have SO many different types. When we got in, there was literally one other person in there. 5 minutes later, there were hundreds of elementary school aged kids running around. I don't know how teachers do it! After that, we walked through the Australia exhibit...of course I LOVE that part! I saw some things I never saw in Oz then some that I did. It's obviously not the same but it still brought back some memories. I took tons of pictures, unfortunately I can't find that memory card right now so I have absolutely nothing to show for it.

One of my favorite parts of going to the aquarium is seeing their sea turtle. She was found off the coast of NY with an infected leg that had to be amputated. Her other leg was all broken up. Of course a turtle with no front legs can't swim so something had to be done about that. I'm not sure if I've ever talked about what kind of work is done at my work but we do orthopedic surgeries. I found out last week that my boss fixed her other leg! That's so awesome & it made me like my job a little more! haha. I LOVE sea turtles. If we ever make enough money for us to accomplish all our goals without working that's what I want to do...save sea turtles :-)

After we left the aquarium, we walked around the inner harbor. It's so peaceful when it's not super crowded. We love just hanging out, looking at the boats & looking for jellyfish & crabs. We didn't see any crabs but we saw several jellyfish. The weather was absolutely perfect!

The rest of our weekend was very relaxing but we still got a lot accomplished. I started unpacking our warm clothes since fall is definitely here! We still get some really warm days but it's starting to cool off. The mornings are a little too cool for me most of the time...Josh LOVES it. I typically don't care for fall because of the following season. This year I'm actually excited for winter. I guess just because we're in a different place. I'm not really sure why. I'm sure it won't last too long though. Haha.

So, last weekend was one of the most productive & peaceful weekends we've had in a while. It was perfect! I wish we had more 3 day weekends. I'll post some pics from last weekend when I find the card they're on. I don't know how I lost it :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment