Friday, October 22, 2010

Raleigh!!!

This post is SO late. I'm super behind on blogging. I sit behind a computer all day at work. The last thing I want to do when I get home is touch a computer or a phone. Soooo...this weekend I'll try to catch up a little.

Josh and I drove down to Raleigh 2 weekends ago to visit some friends & go to the NC State v. Boston College game. We had such a great time! It was great to see all our friends together again. It was a long weekend for Josh so I took Friday off. We drove down Thursday evening. Thursday night we went out for my best friend's birthday! Friday we ate at Melvin's on Hillsborough St. Melvin's is a burger place Josh and & both know from our childhood. The original restaurant is in Elizabethtown in eastern NC. My family used to eat there on the way to the lake in the summer. The burgers are still good but they're not the same as the originals. Anyway, we were both very excited when a location opened in Raleigh. We walked around on campus, got some Howling Cow (I miss NC State ice cream SOOOO much!) & went to the bookstore.

This is Josh being ridiculous, biting the wolf's ear. One of the 97393217 reasons I love him!


Friday night we had a party to celebrate everyone's birthday since we all left Raleigh. We had a great time! We had plans to go to bed early since we were going to be tailgating at 7 am Saturday...of course we didn't go to bed until WAY too late!

Saturday we tailgated with some old friends & went to the football game. I miss tailgating so much! It's just so laid back & carefree. We had a little mishap with the grill so food pretty much just didn't happen. We still had a great time catching up. It was kind of like we never left :-)



44-17...not bad :-D

It was so good to be in Raleigh for a little bit. It was nice to re-live the old college days a little. I know my body definitely could not handle being a college kid anymore. I don't know how I ran off so little sleep back then! I finally came to terms with the fact that college is over, I'm finally ok with it. I still miss it but life is great now!

On the way back home our tire blew out. It set us back quite a bit but we still made decent time considering we had to drive so slow on the donut.


No comments:

Post a Comment