Monday, September 19, 2016

Mason's Nursery!

I never posted any pictures of Mason's nursery before he was born, so here goes!

We decided on a Winnie the Pooh theme for the nursery way early. I briefly considered getting the basics done in the nursery, but waiting until the baby arrived to actually decorate it. This was my way around not finding out what the baby was but still being able to get a gender specific nursery. lol. Pooh is gender neutral and it was Josh's first choice for a nursery regardless. When we bought our crib (I was only 14 weeks pregnant then!) that changed. I decided I wanted to have the nursery done before the baby came. So, Pooh it was!

 This is the view from the door. We will be adding one of Mason's newborn pictures to the left side of the window. 

 This is from behind the recliner. The print above the dresser/changing table is a Hundred Acre Wood print. I might add something small to either side of it, but I probably won't ever get around to it. Mason loves looking at this during his diaper changes! This is the decal I got for above the crib. it's perfect for the nursery!

This is from his laundry basket. The bookshelves are wall mounted spice racks from IKEA. The side table is made of 2 crates. We decided to get a recliner vs a glider after sitting in a bunch and I'm so glad. My milk flow is pretty heavy and reclining during feeding works out much better for us than if I have to sit upright. I keep a basket beside the recliner that has snacks, water, burp cloths, chapstick, and other things that I might need while I'm feeding Mason. This was a great tip from our breastfeeding class!

Mason is sleeping in his crib as of last week, so we're already using the nursery daily!

No comments:

Post a Comment