Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Playing Catchup Again!

Wow!!! I can't believe it's been almost 3 months since I have posted! I will try to do a couple catchup posts on the major events that have happened since I last posted. Time has been flying by and the last few months kind of run together now. 

Babies Everywhere!
Remember when I said that between friends and family, we have 6 babies coming this year? Well, We've finally met them all!

I've already posted about our niece and the triplets being born. The latest addition is...

20130831_130824.jpg
Our nephew Jaden! He was born August 26th. We got to spend last weekend with him and we had such a great time! He's a great baby and doesn't cry much at all. 

Baby Zachary! He joined us on July 20. He was a week old in this picture. So precious!

Visits
The Martins visited us. We got lucky and we were able to tour my favorite MD brewery, Flying Dog! We had so much fun, but I don't have any pictures of the humans from our trip.

20130725_210325.jpg
This was the first time Carter has been to visit Bailey! They played SO much!

Then a couple of weeks later, we went to visit the Martins! We visited some breweries that were not around back in our Raleigh days, Crank Arm and Raleigh Brewing Company. I enjoyed them both, but RBC was my favorite!

While we were in Raleigh, I visited my old hairdresser. I've had enough bad haircuts up here and I've decided to stop my search. I'll just plan my haircuts around trips home when I can go see Whitney.
20130816_134937.jpg
Yay for getting what I asked for!

20130816_005650.jpg
After a couple days of hard playing. They love each other a lot, but they don't really cuddle, so this was special :-).

20130802_155458.jpg
Bailey went to the dog beach for the first time.

Fitness
I completed my 5K program and ran my first official 5K! I finished the Dirty Girl Mud Run on August 10th. It was SO much fun! I am now training for the Dogfish Dash 10K that is at the end of September. Training has been a challenge, but overall I am enjoying it. I have been using Runkeeper and I love it!

Brewing
We've graduated to all grain brewing!!! We've been wanting to convert to all grain for a while and we finally bit the bullet! We're both really excited about this! It takes a bit longer, but it gives us more control over our beer.

We were able to build a nice mash tun for a lot less than we would have paid for one assembled. We've only brewed one batch of all grain so far, and we haven't tried it yet. It goes in the keg tomorrow. We have plans to brew again this coming weekend!

Football season has started!
20130831_125548.jpg
Go Pack!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment